Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Orion

Looks good.

--
    Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407
    Build Thread: The Adventures of Fiona
    '08 JKR Rescue Green 2-Door

Looks good!

I predict some more trimming in the future, after a wheeling trip or two to find where it still rubs.

Looks good. Good idea moving the skid.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

Knows a Thing or Two danford.lau's Avatar
    Clean man ! Enjoy the fenders while they last . The 37s eat them up if you upsize later

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by BaddestCross View Post
    Looks good.
    Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    Looks good. Good idea moving the skid.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by jdofmemi View Post
    Looks good!

I predict some more trimming in the future, after a wheeling trip or two to find where it still rubs.

Quote Originally Posted by danford.lau View Post
    Clean man ! Enjoy the fenders while they last . The 37s eat them up if you upsize later
    Thanks! Yeah, If I go to 37's, they will need to be cut more..... should be good for now.

Fender trim turned out really nice looking! I like how you kept the side marker lights.

Quote Originally Posted by TrailHunter View Post
    Flexed the Jeep out today and figured out I needed to trim the fenders and the Rear driveshaft boot was hitting the Evap skid. I really wanted to keep the fenders alone but I also dont want to add more bumpstop.... so the plan is to cut the minimal while leaving a stock look:

Checking and measuring...
    Attachment 329548

Shifted the front of the Evap over one hole (2”) and drilled a new hole. Done.
    Attachment 329549

About an 1 1/8” off the front...
    Attachment 329550

... and 1 1/2” off the rear.
    Attachment 329551

Rather than remove the side marker.. I cut it along the same line... I’ll fill the hole in the light wIth some right stuff RTV... it’s barely noticable.. I still have some fine tuning to do, but I like how it came out.
    Attachment 329552

Attachment 329553
    Flexed the Jeep out today and figured out I needed to trim the fenders and the Rear driveshaft boot was hitting the Evap skid. I really wanted to keep the fenders alone but I also dont want to add more bumpstop.... so the plan is to cut the minimal while leaving a stock look:

Checking and measuring...
    Attachment 329548

Shifted the front of the Evap over one hole (2”) and drilled a new hole. Done.
    Attachment 329549

About an 1 1/8” off the front...
    Attachment 329550

... and 1 1/2” off the rear.
    Attachment 329551

Rather than remove the side marker.. I cut it along the same line... I’ll fill the hole in the light wIth some right stuff RTV... it’s barely noticable.. I still have some fine tuning to do, but I like how it came out.
    Attachment 329552

Attachment 329553
    The fender trim looks pretty good. I had the same dilemma but opted for 1/2 inch more bumpstop. I'm running 315s and 4 inch backspace so my tires probably didn't rub as much as yours.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by rubiDave View Post
    The fender trim looks pretty good. I had the same dilemma but opted for 1/2 inch more bumpstop. I'm running 315s and 4 inch backspace so my tires probably didn't rub as much as yours.

When I measured the distance from the bump stop to the bump holder, and compared that to the fender gap... I figured I had plenty of room.... I didn’t take into consideration that when the axle pivots the tire goes higher. Glad I checked before hitting the trail... I would have ripped some shit off for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by sipafz View Post
    Fender trim turned out really nice looking! I like how you kept the side marker lights.
    Thanks... I’m still messing with it to make sure I like it... I’ll post a close up pic when its done.

When I measured the distance from the bump stop to the bump holder, and compared that to the fender gap... I figured I had plenty of room.... I didn’t take into consideration that when the axle pivots the tire goes higher. Glad I checked before hitting the trail... I would have ripped some shit off for sure.
    I lost a piece of the plastic fender support bracket on the front inner fender my first trip out. That seemed to fix the worst of the rubbing. I added a little more bumpstop after that but haven't had the chance to test it.

Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast