Orion

TrailHunter

Hooked
Building a Jeep has always been a dream of mine.... And it was discovering Wayalife a couple of years ago that pushed me right over the edge.. I joined the forum pre-purchase, which ultimately helped me make my decision on what to buy and the direction I’d like to take it. I have a lot to learn in building & off-roading... I’m really excited to move forward.... And very thankful for Wayalife!

Orion is a 2017 Rubicon Unlimited with 4.10’s
IMG_7145.jpg

Current Major Plans include:

ARB Twin - DONE
Cobra 75 CB - DONE
Midland MXT275 - DONE
Rock Hard Oil/Trans Skid - DONE
EVO lower CA skids - DONE
EVO hinged carrier - DONE
EVO rock sliders - DONE
EVO 1/4 pounder - DONE
EVO rear fascia - DONE
EVO C-Gussets - DONE
EVO enforcer 3” (1/2" spacer up front - 4" spring Rear) Stage 4 - DONE
EVO drag link flip - DONE
Rancho 9000XL Shocks - DONE
Rancho 5000 Stabilizer - DONE
ATX Slabs 17" - DONE
Nitto TG - 35x12.5 - DONE
Front 1350 driveshaft - DONE
Dynatrac Pro Grips - DONE
Dynatrac Ball Joints - DONE
Trim the Stock Fenders - DONE
Synergy Drag Link, Front & Rear Track Bar - DONE
Exodus 4x4 Tie Rod - DONE
PSC Big Bore XDII (unported) - DONE
Synergy upper Track Bar Bracket - DONE
EVO rock stars - DONE
Warn Zeon 10S - DONE

Dual Battery -
ARB fridge -
PSC Pump, Lines, Reservoir, Cooler -
Pro Rock 44 -
5.13 Gears -
KC Rock Lights -
KC Flex ERA 4 -
Switch Pros -

Let the Fun Begin...

Last edited:

TrailHunter

Hooked
Nice to see you starting a build. That compressor is a good starting point.

Thanks! Yeah, I figured stock or not, ya need to air-down sometimes.

That's the crappy part! At least you don't have to run line for lockers though.

I think I’m going to keep it simple though... air outlet and a simple switch right at the compressor. Don’t think I really need it in the cab just yet.

Awesome, can't wait to see this thing come together :thumb:

Thanks Man... Time & Funds will set the pace... soooo by 2030 I should be lookin good.. Lol.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Man... Time & Funds will set the pace... soooo by 2030 I should be lookin good.. Lol.

:cheesy: Well, consider yourself lucky then. A lot of guys go all in right from the word go and then list their Jeeps for sale a year later. :crazyeyes:

TrailHunter

Hooked
The Build of ORION

:cheesy: Well, consider yourself lucky then. A lot of guys go all in right from the word go and then list their Jeeps for sale a year later. :crazyeyes:

There is truth in your words... haha

Wiring to in cab switch is not that difficult. I just did it this past weekend following forum write up. If I can anyone can[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

For sure... I was thinking why go in the cab every time I need to power it on/off when I’m workin outside airing up the tires.. plus I see some type of SPod or other switch system in my future so I can maybe consolidate then...

TrailHunter

Hooked
The Build of ORION

Got the Twin wired & plumbed. Kept it real simple... chopped the ARB switch harness off and connected the red & purple wires to a toggle switch next to the compressor. Couple brackets for mounting... & done. Works great.

IMG_5199.jpg

IMG_5200.jpg

Last edited:

TrailHunter

Hooked
The Build & Travels of ORION

Haven’t seen anyone else do this, so though I would share my phone mount... It’s an $8 SCOSCHE magnet mount, stuck to the air vent. If you turn the vent at about 35 degrees it holds the phone nice and tight and wont flip down. Perfect viewing angle and quick to reach... If you don’t want to see it, simply flip the vent around.

IMG_5202.jpg
IMG_5203.jpg IMG_5204.jpg
IMG_5395.jpg

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
Haven’t seen anyone else do this, so though I would share my phone mount... It’s an $8 SCOSCHE magnet mount, stuck to the air vent. If you turn the vent at about 35 degrees it holds the phone nice and tight and wont flip down. Perfect viewing angle and quick to reach... If you don’t want to see it, simply flip the vent around.

I hope it works out. It sure looks good. But we burned out 2 ipods with magnetic mounts. First one we thought was just coincidence. It had lasted years before this. Bought a new iPod. Lasted 3 days and failed in the same way as the first one. Just an FYI.

TrailHunter

Hooked
I hope it works out. It sure looks good. But we burned out 2 ipods with magnetic mounts. First one we thought was just coincidence. It had lasted years before this. Bought a new iPod. Lasted 3 days and failed in the same way as the first one. Just an FYI.

That’s really strange... My wife & I have been using the magnet setup in our rides for about 6 years... zero issues.

ZachJKUR

Magnet mounts should work well with most phones and some iPods. Some portable media players and iPods actually use small spinning hard drives which are effected my the magnets, ultimately leading to a hard drive failure. However, phones and most new portable electronics use Flash/solid state memory that is unaffected by magnets.

WJCO

Meme King
Magnet mounts should work well with most phones and some iPods. Some portable media players and iPods actually use small spinning hard drives which are effected my the magnets, ultimately leading to a hard drive failure. However, phones and most new portable electronics use Flash/solid state memory that is unaffected by magnets.

That's likely what it was then. Both made a clicking sound when they failed. Likely the hard drives.

ZachJKUR

That's likely what it was then. Both made a clicking sound when they failed. Likely the hard drives.
Makes sense. I will say I have the rugged ridge dash mount and a mag mount that I custom diy'd in to the grab bar. While I love the rugged ridge dash organizer for it's functionality, the mag mount is super convenient and easy.

Sent from my Pixel XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom