My Wife's Mild Recon Buildup

ravencr

Hey guys,

We finally bought our first Jeep a couple of weeks ago, and I have to admit I've never seen my wife so giddy to drive a vehicle. I like it too, but the one thing that's really annoying me about it is the almost buffeting/echoing sound not to mention the super high level of wind noise with the hard top on and the windows up. But, nevertheless, I am excited about the versatility of it and the somewhat out of the box wheel-ability of it, as well. So, my wife wants to keep it low, because she'll be daily driving it with two kiddos in car seats. Here it sits in stock form, minus the front bumper extensions.

IMG_5634.jpg

IMG_5636.jpg

IMG_5638.jpg

The first thing I wanted to do is replace the the tires and wheels, so we ended up choosing the Nitto Ridge Grapplers in 35"x12.50"x17". After doing some reading on here, I decided I wanted to find a wheel that was hub centric, so we decided on the ATX AX194 Ravines with the grey spokes and black outer ring.

IMG_5652.jpg

IMG_5654.jpg

IMG_5656.jpg

Chris

ravencr

Here's a list of the things we've ordered for it so far:

- MetalCloak Aluminum Hardline Fenders
- MetalCloak Aluminum Front Inner Fender Liners
- MetalCloak Skid Plates
- MetalCloak Fender to Grill Reinforcement

- Rubitrux Maximum-3 Winch Plate
- Rubitrux Maximus Red Winch Hook Anchor
- Rubitrux Maximus-3 Filler Trim Plates
- Rubitrux Maximus-3 Front Bumper End Caps

- Warn Zeon 12-S Platinum Winch
- Factor 55 1.5" Aluminum Fairlead

- AEV Rear Differential Slider
- AEV 2" Spacer Lift

- Hothead Headliner & Side Panels with Sound Assassin

- Bartact Paracord Grab Handles

- Hi-Lift X-Treme Jack

- Powertank Drop Bracket

- Staun Tire Deflators

- Rock Hard 4x4 Evap Canister Relocation Kit
- Rock Hard 4x4 Bolt-On Rear LCA Skid Plates

- RotoPax 2 Gallon Gas Can
- RotoPax LOX Pack Mount

- Teraflex Hi-Lift Jack Mount
- Teraflex Rotopax Mount

That's it so far...we're heading to Moab, UT the beginning of November. Normally we're in SxS's, but I'm excited to wheel the new Jeep.

I'm curious what folks that wheel aggressively carry for spare parts and tools for the Jeep? I have to admit I've been a Toyota guy my whole life, so I know those backwards and forwards. But, I know virtually nothing about these Jeeps.

Chris

boardsurfer

and the somewhat out of the box wheel-ability of it,

Lol! Nah man. That's a Recon edition Rubicon. With the beefed up new front D44 it is arguably the best "out of the box" offroader you can buy. :thumb:

Sweet parts list too! The internet demands pictures.

TrailHunter

Hooked
Awesome Rig! I always really liked the Recon hood & bumpers.. “Your Wife” is doing a great job with the build.. lol... congrats to both of you!

ravencr

Sweet man...our Metalcloak stuff is arriving tomorrow, so we have to mad dash to get them powdercoated and installed before we leave on our trip to Moab on the 4th.

Chris

REBLSPY

You call that MILD. Between the Jeep and the extras you could buy a house. [emoji23]
Can’t wait to see the finished product. It’s gonna be awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

ravencr

Does anybody know if this teraflex hi lift and rotopax mount is installed correctly? It seems really dumb to me to have to remove the rotopax mount completely before being able to use the jack. Also, I had the can mounted to the outside of the jack which looked better, but when the gate is open the gas can hits the body of the Jeep.

Attachments

• 3AF932AF-1167-4D70-B60E-AE643FCBE970.jpg
    3AF932AF-1167-4D70-B60E-AE643FCBE970.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 132

ravencr

You call that MILD. Between the Jeep and the extras you could buy a house. [emoji23]
Can’t wait to see the finished product. It’s gonna be awesome.
Lol, it’s mild for me. My ‘85 Toyota 4Runner sits on 39.5” stickies for comparison. Being this is my wife’s daily driver, I’ve got to keep it nice and low and not too many things that don’t look good, according to my wife lol.

Chris

ravencr

Today, it was super windy and it felt like the Jeep was all over the place. And, the hood latches were no where capable of keeping the hood tight and was flapping all over the plus. It’s ridiculous if you ask me, but who makes the best hood latches?

Top Bottom