OFFICIAL 2018 Jeep JL Wrangler Owners Manual - SEE IT NOW!!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
20171015171741-79ad8db4.jpg

Hey Everyone, just wanted to let you all know that FCA Canada has posted up the official 2018 Jeep JL Wrangler User Guide and Manual and you can see the complete PDF files by clicking on the links below:

2018 JEEP® WRANGLER USER GUIDE
2018 JEEP® WRANGLER OWNERS MANUAL

Please give them a look and let us know what if anything you see that sticks out for you! :thumb:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Here are a few things that I noticed right off the bat:

1. The doors can still be removed - AWESOME!
2. The transfer case is still manually operated as opposed to being push button e-operated like what the Cherokee and Renegade have.
3. There is specific mention of a 4-speed transfer case and a 5-speed. This is something we have been hearing about in regards to full time 4WD being an option on Sahara models.
4. The soft top is zipperless
5. The hard top has removable side panels that operate much like the freedom top panels.
6. There still is a roll cage :)

So, let's hear what you're seeing :thumb:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Soft top seems a lot more complicated.

Definitely seems like more work for sure. Sure does explain why Bestop had been working on zipperless technology for a while now though :crazyeyes:

I like the removable hardtop windows, but the doors now sound like a little more work to take off. Can't wait to finish reading through this

Yeah, I saw that too. The doors do have a few more steps to get them off. Still speed reading through myself to see what else I can find. :cool:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Okay, something else I just saw. First, it's nice that the JL will be coming with an optional keyless push button start. Our Renegade came with it and it was nice to have. That being said, I see that it also has some kind of new optional "STOP/START System" feature which apparently turns off your engine automatically at stops. Apparently, this feature is designed to reduce fuel consumption. :icon_crazy:

MTG

Caught the Bug
Inside looks pretty nice with some nice features. :thumb:

The Off Road Pages features is interesting.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Soft top removal actually seems quite simple and just like it is now. Only thing missing is obviously the zippers which I don’t mind.

As for doors, it is a more complicated process but I’m sure some of the first things a company will come out with is a strap like we have now to replace the hinge system to make life easier

DeJkUnlimited

Caught the Bug
Okay, something else I just saw. First, it's nice that the JL will be coming with an optional keyless push button start. Our Renegade came with it and it was nice to have. That being said, I see that it also has some kind of new optional "STOP/START System" feature which apparently turns off your engine automatically at stops. Apparently, this feature is designed to reduce fuel consumption. :icon_crazy:
sounds similars to the “E-Assist” GM implemented several years ago....I forgot all about it and haven’t stayed up to date on what other MFRs have similar tech. I would think it would be okay for daily driving if it could be disabled altogether at times.

DeJkUnlimited

Caught the Bug
Soft top removal actually seems quite simple and just like it is now. Only thing missing is obviously the zippers which I don’t mind.

As for doors, it is a more complicated process but I’m sure some of the first things a company will come out with is a strap like we have now to replace the hinge system to make life easier

If I saw correctly, I think the door checks are only on the front doors.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Did you guys see that you can get the JL with optional 4 auxillary switches? Very cool :thumb:

boardsurfer

Just skimmed through, but the center screen has some interesting info displayed on "Off Road Pages." Pg 256, 257.

Swaybar, locker and transfer case status.

Even front wheel steering position.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So, it definitely looks like if you get this with a power top hard top, you can NOT remove the top. You can remove the side panels in the rear along with the rear glass but that's it. Makes sense but this is definitely NOT something I'd want.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Oh, BTW, did you see that the 2.0L needs to be run on 91 octane? Guess it may really be a motor made for power and NOT economy.

Top Bottom