Question on budget spacer lift kit for off-roading

cangro408

So I think i’ve narrowed down my search for a lift kit and want some opinions if anyone has previously used this kit it’s a rubicon express 2.5” lift kit. Sometime in the future I plan on going with 35” tires most likely on my Willy’s package Rubicon wheels. I was going to choose the shock extensions option since it doesn’t tell you which shocks you get for the with shocks option. Anyone know if having a shock extension vs normal longer 2.5” lift shocks is a huge deal? If anyone also has a better kit let me know, I’m new to owning a Jeep so bare with me lol

2017 Dark Tan JK
Willy’s Wheeler Package
Black Rubicon Wheels
32” BFgoodrich Mud Terrain Tires
Bone Stock

I

IMG_6542.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Honestly just about all spacer lifts are the same so you can’t really go wrong. Just look for the cheapest and most complete kit for your needs. The RE one you posted looks pretty complete so you should be good with that one.

If you plan on buying from qtech search around for a cheaper deal online and they will price match it. Just call in and mention where you found it

Clutch

Caught the Bug
I have the 2" Rubicon Express spacer lift. Very basic but has what you need for 35s. _storage_emulated_0_Pictures_Jeep_IMG_20170129_113605887_HDR.jpg

You will most likely want to upgrade at some point, but a spacer lift is certainly a nice place to tip toe into the water.

cangro408

Quick google search. For $400 you get this, and Rancho RS5000x shocks.

https://www.4wd.com/p/rancho-2-sport-system-rs66119br5/_/R-BCKM-RS66119BR5

For $500, you get Rancho 9000 shocks. That’s a freaking steal.

https://www.4wheelparts.com/Suspens...MIq7CZsKr21gIVx7fACh1OKgWUEAQYAiABEgJpJvD_BwE

wow thanks that really helped with that decision because i didn’t want to waste my money on rancho 5000 i wanted the 9000

cangro408

I have the 2" Rubicon Express spacer lift. Very basic but has what you need for 35s. View attachment 279974

You will most likely want to upgrade at some point, but a spacer lift is certainly a nice place to tip toe into the water.

oh ok that’s cool and looks sick on yours i was only concerned about how it will be when i go off roading to places like rausch creek pa however i would probably only stick to mild terrain anyway and also if it fits 35s good enough and still room for articulation

cangro408

Honestly just about all spacer lifts are the same so you can’t really go wrong. Just look for the cheapest and most complete kit for your needs. The RE one you posted looks pretty complete so you should be good with that one.

If you plan on buying from qtech search around for a cheaper deal online and they will price match it. Just call in and mention where you found it

wow thanks for the tip didn’t know that about the price matching that’s really useful i do it at places all the time lol

cangro408

Quick google search. For $400 you get this, and Rancho RS5000x shocks.

https://www.4wd.com/p/rancho-2-sport-system-rs66119br5/_/R-BCKM-RS66119BR5

For $500, you get Rancho 9000 shocks. That’s a freaking steal.

https://www.4wheelparts.com/Suspens...MIq7CZsKr21gIVx7fACh1OKgWUEAQYAiABEgJpJvD_BwE

after looking at link you put for the rancho system with the rs9000 i noticed that i looks like it comes with bump stops shocks and springs but don’t i also need a few more parts like sway bar links ?

Rancho

Caught the Bug
We do not include sway bar end links as we are trying to minimize and keep the front drive shaft out of the exhaust on the 2012+ JK's.
You can run 35" tires with a tad bit of trimming.
:beer:

after looking at link you put for the rancho system with the rs9000 i noticed that i looks like it comes with bump stops shocks and springs but don’t i also need a few more parts like sway bar links ?

TRLJNKY

Cant go wrong with the JKS disconnects. A friend hooked me up when he went from a Sport to a Rubi and what a difderence. I run a spacer lift with them and they are awesome. Mine is about as budget as you can go. No extensions (though i seriously recommend a kit with them) and stock shocks (will go longer 9000's). I still go play with the big boys and it does pretty well. The Jeep actually surprises the hell out of me. Yes I will upgrade eventually 😁. Got to many projects in the fire and not enough $$$.

Alright Alright Alright

cangro408

Cant go wrong with the JKS disconnects. A friend hooked me up when he went from a Sport to a Rubi and what a difderence. I run a spacer lift with them and they are awesome. Mine is about as budget as you can go. No extensions (though i seriously recommend a kit with them) and stock shocks (will go longer 9000's). I still go play with the big boys and it does pretty well. The Jeep actually surprises the hell out of me. Yes I will upgrade eventually [emoji16]. Got to many projects in the fire and not enough $$$.

Alright Alright Alright

thanks for the info bro that all sounds good i’ll probably get the disconnect sway bar links later but what do you mean the 9000s go longer

Rancho

Caught the Bug
So on our 2" system we use a "shorter" front shock to limit the droop, to keep the driveshaft out of the exhaust.
If you go longer shocks up front you will need to address the front driveshaft contacting the exhausting...
So another can of worms
:icon_crazy::beer:

thanks for the info bro that all sounds good i’ll probably get the disconnect sway bar links later but what do you mean the 9000s go longer

cangro408

So on our 2" system we use a "shorter" front shock to limit the droop, to keep the driveshaft out of the exhaust.
If you go longer shocks up front you will need to address the front driveshaft contacting the exhausting...
So another can of worms
:icon_crazy::beer:

do you know if that can just be fixed with exhaust spacers i’ve seen a lot of advertisements for them

Top Bottom