Sprintex supercharger

jeeeep

Hooked
that is the very reason my buddy has his sitting in the corner of his garage.
his wife won't let him sell it nor trash it, it's his reminder of how much money and time he wasted
lol

feederic

Does anybody have any experience with Sprintex superchargers? Good or bad? I have been dealing with them for awhile now and not getting anywhere fast.

Sent from my LG-US998 using WAYALIFE mobile app

What issue are you having? I've heard of some bad CS - locally I found shops that install sprintex in JKs which I plan on doing business with in the future after riding in a few.

cidgreen

Tuning is horrible. I just want to have it dyno tuned but they keep telling it will void my warranty. They are so slow at doing anything. The calibrators are all in AUSTRALIA. Can't install a boost guage to see what i'm running for boost because that will void the warranty too.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Bummer to hear but sounds about right to me. Exactly why I turned down 3 different super chargers that were offered to me and just saved up for a Motech LS.

Exodus 4x4

Tuning is horrible. I just want to have it dyno tuned but they keep telling it will void my warranty. They are so slow at doing anything. The calibrators are all in AUSTRALIA. Can't install a boost guage to see what i'm running for boost because that will void the warranty too.

If they’re being this hard to deal with now what makes you think it’ll be any better if you had to make a warranty claim?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

feederic

I've been in a few that have been built somewhat locally, the stock tune is garbage - a proper dyno tune really opens up the power across the entire band. I'll only have a shop that's reputable for tuning JKs and sprintex install and tune, hopefully next year for me. But, I've been in some flat out beasts with a sprintex/JK after a dyno tune.

cidgreen

I've been in a few that have been built somewhat locally, the stock tune is garbage - a proper dyno tune really opens up the power across the entire band. I'll only have a shop that's reputable for tuning JKs and sprintex install and tune, hopefully next year for me. But, I've been in some flat out beasts with a sprintex/JK after a dyno tune.
Thats good to hear. They adjusted the tune once for me after ive been on them about it, but they really don't seem to care.

TheGrendel

yup it takes a good local tuner working with you over a bit of time to get it right.

jeeeep

Hooked
He blew it up?

it never ran well enough to blow It up lol - his 2012 jeep ran like shit and it sat most the time waiting for tunes that seemed to be more trial and error than anything else.

IMO the 3.6L has ample power when geared properly.

if you want a muscle car, get a muscle car :thumb:

WJCO

Meme King
What good is the warranty if it runs like shit and they won't help you. If I were in your shoes, I would find a good reputable tuner in you area, drop 500-600 bucks and get it running right. Fuck the warranty. That's just me.i don't know what the kit initially costs, but I'm guessing about 5000 bucks. Why spend that for a paper weight.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
What good is the warranty if it runs like shit and they won't help you. If I were in your shoes, I would find a good reputable tuner in you area, drop 500-600 bucks and get it running right. Fuck the warranty. That's just me.i don't know what the kit initially costs, but I'm guessing about 5000 bucks. Why spend that for a paper weight.

Why spend $5000 when there’s no replacement for displacement?

IMG_0422.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom