Wheels dilemma

ScottMc

I have a 2015 JKUR Sahara. I wish I would have sprung for the Rubi. Anyway, I'm finally in the position to start building it a little, so was thinking of a lift and new wheels/tires first. I still may go back and get a Rubicon in the future or may upgrade the axles and stuff myself. This is my dilemma: bolt pattern. I was thinking that I could buy the wheels/tires now (slabs or something similar) and put the stock ones back on if I sell it/trade it in and keep them for my next jeep. Is the bolt pattern the same on a Rubi vs Sahara? If I upgraded to a PR 44 front axle, do I stay with the same wheel bolt pattern? Lockers (which is what I really miss with the Sahara)? I'm researching options now, but thought I would throw this out and see what others think.

mastrcruse

The bolt pattern is the same on all JK's. I would stick with the OEM bolt pattern unless going to 1-tons and then, what seems to be most common and strongest, is the 8 lug pattern.

RUBEERCON

Assuming you have 18" rims on the Sahara.
I spent my first wad on my lift and tires and used my stock rubicon wheels. You can run 35x12.50x17 on Rubicon wheels if you add a set of wheel spacers. It's a secure set up for a daily driver/ weekend trail rig. You can find a set of 17" Rubicon wheels on Craigslist for the price of one beak lock wheel!
Funny thing is that I'm always dreaming about bead lock rims...

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom