Mopar/Dynatrac 44

clark98ut

Does anybody know anything about this axle? It appears to be a Dynatrac Prorock sold under the Mopar Performance name, but I can’t find anything on it really.

Mopar Performance P5155756

Thanks,

Dan

WJCO

Meme King
Wow. First I've seen of that. I would contact Dynatrac just to make sure it is indeed their axle. But all the specs point to it being that way. 3 inch tubes with 1/2" walls. It does say that you have to use your Rubicon locker and shafts. In other words, you won't be able to use any other locker in there.

Exodus 4x4

Just a quick glance at the photo suggests that it doesn’t share the same diff housing as the ProRock. At that price I would just go with a ProRock since it’s about the same. That part number doesn’t describe a raised track bar bracket and it comes with stock ball joints. Interesting though.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
It is a prorock44. I know dynatrac has worked with mopar in the past on some builds which has used the axle

Benito

Caught the Bug
That thing is interesting, it looks like it has PR44 Cs but a standard housing, the tubes also look larger. I wonder if it was a short run mopar special order. I’m sure Dynatrac could clear up the confusion, but I would just order the PR44 from Dynatrac since it’s the same price as this oddity.

fiend

Caught the Bug
Wow. First I've seen of that. I would contact Dynatrac just to make sure it is indeed their axle. But all the specs point to it being that way. 3 inch tubes with 1/2" walls. It does say that you have to use your Rubicon locker and shafts. In other words, you won't be able to use any other locker in there.

OX and ARB make lockers that will go in a rubicon front 44 housing or the PR44 Rubicon version. Though, there is some verbiage on Dynatrac's site about some fitment issues.

WJCO

Meme King
OX and ARB make lockers that will go in a rubicon front 44 housing or the PR44 Rubicon version. Though, there is some verbiage on Dynatrac's site about some fitment issues.

Hmmm. Wasn't aware of that. Good info.

I remember the ARB one, yeah, looks like they don't approve it.

Untitled.jpg

Last edited:

clark98ut

I found it online for less than $2200. Figured that sounded like a pretty good deal. From what I’ve read, it has OEM ball joints, which I think is one way they saved some $ on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
I found it online for less than $2200. Figured that sounded like a pretty good deal. From what I’ve read, it has OEM ball joints, which I think is one way they saved some $ on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

What is included at that price point? Because if it's just the housing w/ factory ball Joints it is damn near the price of a PR44. But the PR44 you can choose conventional housing or Rubicon. That would open up all kinds of locker and shaft optional combinations. IMG_1940.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom