Painless Performance Trail Rocker Installed

303jkpatriot

I picked up the Painless Performance Trail Rocker for my '15 JKUR Auto and wanted to post a few pics of the install and final product as there were not a ton on here when I was researching it. I realized shortly after opening the box the reason I couldn't find any write ups on the install was because they did a pretty outstanding job on the Installation instructions. Below is what all is included in the box and an idea what to expect from the installation manual:

BSD_9154.jpg

BSD_9163.jpg

They do good job of including everything needed for the installation process including plenty of zip ties, fuses, and enough lead wire to reach the back of a JKU. The Trail Rocker fuse box mounts using the plastic battery tray but still leaves adequate room for pulling the engine cover off and checking the oil :

BSD_9167.jpg

BSD_9168.jpg

For me the trickiest part was getting the wiring harness from the Fuse panel through the Firewall of the jeep :

BSD_9170.jpg

I ended up cutting the rubber plug in half to get the harness inside and then pushed it in tight with a little silicon after. I wasn't joking about the amount of wiring included but I would rather have too much then end up splicing a supply wire:

BSD_9176.jpg

The end result :

BSD_9172.jpg

BSD_9178.jpg

For those with an auto this was a pretty seamless install and good option if you don't use the mesh pocket on your dash for anything more than junk. I currently have it running reverse lights, Pillar Spots, and Rigid 10" bar on my bumper with the no problems.

jeeeep

Hooked
I've had my Trail Rocker for awhile now and it's great.

did you get the winch connectors with it?

The instruction manual is one of the best I've seen. :thumb:

303jkpatriot

I've had my Trail Rocker for awhile now and it's great.

did you get the winch connectors with it?

The instruction manual is one of the best I've seen. :thumb:

Definitely one of the best I have seen too! I did get the winch connectors with it and saw they came out with a switch to replace the double where you can run the winch from the Trail Rocker which is pretty cool

Awesome write up!

We definitely try to provide the best installation manuals we can! If you ever have any questions, just reach out to our tech line and you'll get a direct line to one of our guys right here in Fort Worth that will get you handled. :rock:

Sharkey

Word Ninja
This is such a clean and well-designed product. If I wasn't handing my Jeep over to my son next year, this would be on my short list of next buys.

Labricon

Caught the Bug
Well done! I have the same one and deleted the double switch to allow placement of my ARB compressor switch and run bumper, A pillar, reverse lights and soon rock lights. Great product and instructions[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

303jkpatriot

Well done! I have the same one and deleted the double switch to allow placement of my ARB compressor switch and run bumper, A pillar, reverse lights and soon rock lights. Great product and instructions[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thank you! The ARB compressor is next on the list to install so I will be using switches in the same fashion you have

TrailHunter

Hooked
That’s clean!

Edit: Watched a video install... That Winch Switch seems like the ticket. Are they the only company offering a switch to control the winch in/out?

Last edited:
Top Bottom