KMC Machete

Rocralr

Hello everyone. I am getting ready to upgrade my wheels and tires. I'm looking for opinions on my first choice of wheels. I am going with the KMC KM228 Machete Beadlocks. I am doing an 8 lug with a 4.75 backspace. I am just looking for opinions with the info listed. I know there are many options. Does anyone run these?? Thanks.

boardsurfer

I have them. Great wheels, no complaints. Having 2 valve stems is awesome - fill with one, check pressure in the other. The holes in the ring are actually functional for draining water.

If you get the raw/machined version I suggest some kind of clear coat or sealant so they don't get pitted or corroded.

maskale

I have them. Great wheels, no complaints. Having 2 valve stems is awesome - fill with one, check pressure in the other. The holes in the ring are actually functional for draining water.

If you get the raw/machined version I suggest some kind of clear coat or sealant so they don't get pitted or corroded.

so the machined ones come completely raw? If so they sure wont look good for long at all.

boardsurfer

Weeeellllll, maybe closer to 18 months. But still, 2 Colorado winters is plenty of harshness to know if my clearcoat is doing its job.

edit: dug up the original post, it's from 7/2016 so right about 18 months.

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
Weeeellllll, maybe closer to 18 months. But still, 2 Colorado winters is plenty of harshness to know if my clearcoat is doing its job.

edit: dug up the original post, it's from 7/2016 so right about 18 months.

I remember that. We ran Kingston right after you got them.

CrazyTrainJK

Caught the Bug
Hello everyone. I am getting ready to upgrade my wheels and tires. I'm looking for opinions on my first choice of wheels. I am going with the KMC KM228 Machete Beadlocks. I am doing an 8 lug with a 4.75 backspace. I am just looking for opinions with the info listed. I know there are many options. Does anyone run these?? Thanks.

Those are the wheels I am looking at. 4.75 seems like alot of backspacing ? I know EVO recommends 3.50 for their bolt on coil over kits. Not sure what you are running.

Top Bottom