Key fob mod

bigbluejku87

Hey I hate when my key pokes my leg in my pocket and have been doing some research on the flip out key fobs. Anyone have any experience doing this mod or know what flip out key fobs are compatible with a 2011 jku unlimited sport. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Samuelh3

Caught the Bug
I was just talking about this with my wife. Of all the new features of the JL this may be one that makes me wish I waited. That and keyless entry.

BigBoy

I bought one of the eBay cases you put the stock electronics in about a month after I bought the Jeep. Almost 4 years now and it been great. Only issues are the screen printing on the buttons rubbed off and the part to attach a key ring broke. No huge issues, I've learned what is lock and unlock and I just drilled a small hole in the plastic for the key ring to attach.

ZachJKUR

This is a phenomenal idea. I actually bent my last key in my pocket sitting down because it is so long with the fob and all.
1508518695952.jpg

Last edited:

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
So wish they weren’t chipped or fobbed. Major PIA keeping it dry or hidden somewhere while I surf. Not to mention the size of these damn keys or fobs. FFS I don’t want a golf ball in my pocket all day.

Those are my biggest problems with them. I don’t surf, but I kayak some, and I hate the size of them.

black pearl

Hooked
Those are my biggest problems with them. I don’t surf, but I kayak some, and I hate the size of them.

I'm pretty sure you can have a key cut at a hardware/locksmith, with out the chip. It will only unlock/lock the doors, won't start it. I did this with my last vehicle, so I could take the key surfing and kayaking. I would hid the fob key inside.

jesse3638

Hooked
Am I the only one that wishes I had a regular key, like my 2012 had?

Mine is a 2012 and has the FOB. The 07 and 11 at work had the regular keys though.

I'm pretty sure you can have a key cut at a hardware/locksmith, with out the chip. It will only unlock/lock the doors, won't start it. I did this with my last vehicle, so I could take the key surfing and kayaking. I would hid the fob key inside.

That's not a bad idea. That's what I do with my pad lock key. I'd hate to forget it and need to unlock the stuff in the back.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Mine is a 2012 and has the FOB. The 07 and 11 at work had the regular keys though.

That's not a bad idea. That's what I do with my pad lock key. I'd hate to forget it and need to unlock the stuff in the back.

It’s an option. Just so happened that my 2012 didn’t have it.

Top Bottom