Evap relocate or skid?

TrailBear

What would you recommend? A relocate kit or a better skid? If relocate what kit? I have seen them get ripped off on trails with just the stock skid.

Don't let fear and common sense hold you back:)
Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
What would you recommend? A relocate kit or a better skid? If relocate what kit? I have seen them get ripped off on trails with just the stock skid.

Neither. Or at least, I've never bothered to run a skid or took the time to relocate my EVAP. But then, I'm just a mall crawler :yup:

Seriously, take your time on the trail and pick better lines and you'll most likely never even touch the darn thing.

georgesadlik

Hi there Trail Bear,

If you're running the EVO Lever System then i'd consider the skid from Poison Spyder et al' as some relocations may not work with this system. Otherwise, If you have anything else in the way of lifts or even standard suspension, then it would be worth considering the Nemesis Industries Evap relocation skid. We just installed one recently into our JK and couldn't be happier. The kist goes together really wel and Nemesis Industries really know how to make a good quality product. Have a look at our install of this bit of kit here:
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?...ted-Fuel-Evap-Canister-Relocation-Kit-Install
Best of luck mate :thumb:

Cheers George.

TrailBear

Hi there Trail Bear,

If you're running the EVO Lever System then i'd consider the skid from Poison Spyder et al' as some relocations may not work with this system. Otherwise, If you have anything else in the way of lifts or even standard suspension, then it would be worth considering the Nemesis Industries Evap relocation skid. We just installed one recently into our JK and couldn't be happier. The kist goes together really wel and Nemesis Industries really know how to make a good quality product. Have a look at our install of this bit of kit here:
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?...ted-Fuel-Evap-Canister-Relocation-Kit-Install
Best of luck mate :thumb:

Cheers George.

Thanks for the info, I'm saving up to get a set of bolt on coil overs so no real issues there. I can get the poison spider skid cheaper so I think I'll give it a go, I like it gives full coverage

Don't let fear and common sense hold you back:)
Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

CerOf

I wish I could wheel and pick a good line like wayalife, but I often...squirrel!...get distracted.

I found a used skid row skid plate for $80. Easy install, strong.

well i have this same question, i installed a RK 2.5 Max travel, when i flex in the rear and the drivers side is stuffed it sounds like my Driveshaft is hitting the Evap skidplate. not too sure if it does it going the other way or not, but i have already tore up the boot on the factory shaft(middle of the shaft area).

would it be best to relocate? or skid? can i just drill new holes and move it over some?

JB

SGTGunner

I dont have the link on my phone but theres a company who makes a relocation/skid combo. Thats what I will be going with. I can post it when I get home.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using WAYALIFE mobile app

MTG

Caught the Bug
Neither. Or at least, I've never bothered to run a skid or took the time to relocate my EVAP. But then, I'm just a mall crawler :yup:

Seriously, take your time on the trail and pick better lines and you'll most likely never even touch the darn thing.

Obviously I haven't wheeled nearly as much as you have, and until recently my skid didn't have a mark on it. :thumb: However, sliding off one rock (I assume that is when it happened) and the skid and canister were trashed. They are now $155 from the stealership! :eek:

I was able to fix mine with epoxy, but will be looking to find a better skid or relocate it soon. :yup:

MTG

Caught the Bug
well i have this same question, i installed a RK 2.5 Max travel, when i flex in the rear and the drivers side is stuffed it sounds like my Driveshaft is hitting the Evap skidplate. not too sure if it does it going the other way or not, but i have already tore up the boot on the factory shaft(middle of the shaft area).

would it be best to relocate? or skid? can i just drill new holes and move it over some?

JB

If you don't want to relocate the evap cansiter, you can simply move it over a couple of inches reusing one of the existing holes. :thumb:

JAGS

Hooked
But then, I'm just a mall crawler :yup:

You don't have to remind us. ^^^^ We know! :cheesy::cheesy:

As for the evap, I think just do whatever is going to make you feel confident. I'm still stock and a true "grocery store parking lot crawler." But what I have learned is that a lot of this comes down to personal preference and having security in your rig and your abilities to wheel it. Bad crap can to happen to anyone and a fluke is always at the next boulder (parking curb in my case). So if dropping a little more coin on a skid is no big deal, do it and be done with it. If you're confident in running trails and experienced as is WOL, then just keep stock. No wrong answer, just the answer for you. My :twocents:

SGTGunner

Well I cant find the link I was talking about, too much junk in my favorites.

Anyways, if you go to Rock Auto website you can get the cannister for $32-40 depending on what style you have. MUCH cheeper than the dealer.

Top Bottom