35's on dana 30

hpt2134

Question.. i have a 2017 jku i will be installing a 3.5 in lift and 33s(35s will be down the road but not now) i have a stock dana 30 up front if i do guessets and trusses from jcr up front will that be more efficient and stronger. I will be regearing also. Any other things i can add to beef up the front? Thanks!

clos0791

33s on a 3.5 lift did not work for me. I sold my 33s after a few weeks and went 35s. The 33s look okay on a 2.5 lift, but too small on a 3.5.

I have the Dana 30 up front also with 3.73 gears, I'm good with this for a while. If you plan on serious rock crawling, best to go for the upgrades you mentioned. Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Saharaunlmtd

Caught the Bug
Question.. i have a 2017 jku i will be installing a 3.5 in lift and 33s(35s will be down the road but not now) i have a stock dana 30 up front if i do guessets and trusses from jcr up front will that be more efficient and stronger. I will be regearing also. Any other things i can add to beef up the front? Thanks!

Welcome to WAL.

C gussets are a good idea for your end goal of running 35s. There's not many other "good" investments to put in a D30.

3.5" of Lift starts to get expensive if you do it properly (high steer, driveshaft, etc). 2.5" would be more than plenty for your goal.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Gadget

Caught the Bug
Skip the truss, not worth the money or potential install issues. I'm running 35's on a d30, I put gussets on and left the 3.73 gears in just because regearing is expensive and I only want to spend that money once. Saving it for bigger tires, if that doesn't happen then I will gear it for the 35's.

seansheds

Skip the truss, not worth the money or potential install issues. I'm running 35's on a d30, I put gussets on and left the 3.73 gears in just because regearing is expensive and I only want to spend that money once. Saving it for bigger tires, if that doesn't happen then I will gear it for the 35's.

I have the same setup as Gadget with a 4” EVO lift and drag-link flip that I’ve been running since June. I’ve done many the hardest trails in SoCal, even with no lockers, and the D30 is holding strong. At this point I feel like I’ll break a rear axle shaft before the D30. Like the others have said you will eventually have the upgrade your front driveshaft with 3.5” of lift, and if you don’t right away you’ll need exhaust spacers before you flex it out.

zimm

Caught the Bug
Skip the 33's and get 35's. They only measure 33" in real life.

Here's what my buddy did a few days ago in Moab with a D30, trussed, gusseted, sleeved on 35's and 4.88's. It was so much fun doing a ring and pinion job in the dirt campground. He's now going to order a pro rock 44 after wasting $$$ on the D30.

View attachment 280391

Top Bottom