THINKING ON GOING ON 37’s

JerryGzz

Hello fellow jeepers.

So I have a 2 dr Rubicon JK 2015. Right now it is practically stock and I am thinking of doing an upgrade.

I was incline of going on 35’s, at first they look huge, but after seing several JK on 35’s I am thinking it might seem small.

My JK is a Rubicon so I am running 4.10’s and D44’s.

- Does the D44 work well offroad with 37’s or I might me in danger of breaking it easily? I have seen mixed info and opinions on this matter.

- Is it worth all the effort and extra $$$ to go from 35’s to 37’s?

- I will like to keep a low center gravity on my jeep. Thinking on a 3” lift. Comments?

Thanks in advanced for all the tips and comments. It is going to be a big investment and I will like to take a smart decision.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Basscat

Why not simply put some 35s on the stock JKR and play around with it for a while? The time might give you a better sense of how much and what type of off road driving you're going to do. Problem in answering your question is no one knows how hard or in what type of terrain you're going to wheel. I'm guessing you don't either at this point which is OK and quite normal.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

jeffj

Caught the Bug
Hello fellow jeepers.

So I have a 2 dr Rubicon JK 2015. Right now it is practically stock and I am thinking of doing an upgrade.

I was incline of going on 35’s, at first they look huge, but after seing several JK on 35’s I am thinking it might seem small.

My JK is a Rubicon so I am running 4.10’s and D44’s.

- Does the D44 work well offroad with 37’s or I might me in danger of breaking it easily? I have seen mixed info and opinions on this matter.

- Is it worth all the effort and extra $$$ to go from 35’s to 37’s?

- I will like to keep a low center gravity on my jeep. Thinking on a 3” lift. Comments?

Thanks in advanced for all the tips and comments. It is going to be a big investment and I will like to take a smart decision.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

37's are awesome on a JK in my opinion. Yes, the 44 axel will be fine, I ran 37's for 5 years and 70,000 miles on my 2012. Make sure you put C-gussets and control arm skids. I did a lot of rock crawling, drove it across country, did the rubicon trial and back with no issues. Center of gravity will be fine with 3inch lift, you might need to do a little trimming to make it work. Just do your research and listen to most of the people on the forum and you'll be fine. Good luck and post up some pictures.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Check out my old 2 door build, I ran 37s with a 3" lift and loved every part of it. All I did was put on c-gussets and control arm skids. Out back I also ran the rockstrar skids but you dont "need" those. I also never regeared and had no real problems. Being manual however I would stall on really big rocks, but I was happy all around with it.

https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/4089-Hinrichs-build

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Check out my old 2 door build, I ran 37s with a 3" lift and loved every part of it. All I did was put on c-gussets and control arm skids. Out back I also ran the rockstrar skids but you dont "need" those. I also never regeared and had no real problems. Being manual however I would stall on really big rocks, but I was happy all around with it.

https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/4089-Hinrichs-build

You always stalled on the rocks lol!

It was a clean build tho and the route I almost went on my 2 door as well. The 3” and 37’s are perfect together

desertrunner

I had 37s on my 08 Rubicon with 4.10s it was bearable but I did stall a few times crawling on the big rocks and wasn't too nice to the clutch haha. Your ball joints will be shot pretty quick so if reccomend new heavy duty ones. C gussets is a good idea and I did develop an inner axle seal leak on the stock 44. But the stock rubi locker held up fine. In regards to the 2dr. I fully plan on running 37s on mine and I'm looking at springs that will net me 3" so not necessarily a 3" lift. The Evo level kit will net 3" in the front on a 2dr and with flat fenders or trimmed stock fenders should fit 37s and keep a low center of gravity. And that's the route I plan to take once I get my pr44 installed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sessoms14X

I am using the factory rubicon axles on my jeep. I just made the jump from 35s to 37s and upgraded just about everything but the axles themselves. I had c gussets, axle shafts, driveshafts, control arms and gears all upgraded to accommodate the 37s. Cheap? Hell no, but I'm sure glad I did upgrade it all.

Sent from my SM-G955U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom