2012 w/ 110,000 miles bad thermostat??

CrushLife

I recently saw that my check engine light has been going on and off for the last couple of days. So I did a little research and got a buddy of mine to throw the code reader on there. It turns out to be a bad thermostat. Just wondering if anyone has replaced theirs and how hard it is to get to?
Also any videos or explanations on how to would be great.

tdougherty81

I recently saw that my check engine light has been going on and off for the last couple of days. So I did a little research and got a buddy of mine to throw the code reader on there. It turns out to be a bad thermostat. Just wondering if anyone has replaced theirs and how hard it is to get to?
Also any videos or explanations on how to would be great.

I recently replaced mine along with the coolant temp sensor. I'm sure there is a write up some where but its pretty easy to do. First remove the intake tube, this will give you access to the thermostat housing. Radiator hose is held on with a spring clamp. Once you got the hose off and coolant drained there are 2 T30 torx bolts holding the thermostat housing.

toyotire

also if you drain the radiator down blow the upper hose you can replace it without spilling a drop. I just did one on a 2014 and like was said above it is easy. Hold a small container under the tstat so when you loosen the two bolts the coolant goes in the container you get a cup or two draining from the engine.

Top Bottom