Forbes- Avoid purchasing the Jeep Wrangler/Wrangler Unlimited

Ddays

Hooked
Nothing new. These lists always give Wranglers shitty grades. We just don't mind living with all of the quirks they list as liabilities because of the lifestyle that they allow us to follow.

HoosierWolf

I think the biggest obstacle to these reviews is misunderstanding of purpose. Do you want something that can take on rough off road surfaces or something that is as plush and comfortable as a sedan. Wranglers are not the latter and aren't meant to be. You want a plush ride with good traction, buy the new Grand Cherokee.

boardsurfer

Nothing new. These lists always give Wranglers shitty grades. We just don't mind living with all of the quirks they list as liabilities because of the lifestyle that they allow us to follow.

Nailed it.

"It's a Jeep thing..."

Are they wrong though?
Mid 40’s thousand for a vehicle with this many “quirks”.

If your not into it then it’s a no brainer. Why buy a wrangler? For most us on the other hand. Exact opposite of your standard consumer.

Basscat

Are they wrong though?

If your not into it then it’s a no brainer. Why buy a wrangler? For most us on the other hand. Exact opposite of your standard consumer.

OK. This comes up on a regular basis (JD Powers, Forbes, Bla Bla). They're not wrong if you're a buyer of an SUV looking for high quality, comfort, power and creature comforts. Wranglers have never fared well in this area going way back to my first CJ-5 and everything since. That said we don't buy wranglers for those reasons. We buy them for..........well you know, it's a jeep thing. There's no way I'd buy a wrangler, for that kind of money, if I was going to drive it to work and on road trips only but I'll be damned if I haven't had one in my stable since 1972! They're just too damn unique and to damn cool not to have especially if you want an adventure mobile. It's Just plain damn "Merican"!

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

I.Y.A.M.Y.A.S.

Forbes should just stick to their billionaire and millionaires net worth bullshit.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using WAYALIFE mobile app

I concur. I hate seeing these ratings. Someone once read one and then told me, “You know, for what you’ve put into your Jeep, you could have bought a nice Range Rover.” Well, if I wasn’t the kind of person who’s lived Jeeps my entire life, maybe I’d have that same mentality. But to each their own. I love my loud, bouncy, creaky rig. Not to mention it’s taken 6 years to get my JKU where she is today. Built, not bought. Big diff from just buying a Range Rover.

And if my check engine light stays off for too long, I get nervous about that too. That same person traded in 2 SUVs in 2 years when the check engine lights came on. Keep reading those ratings, buddy.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Brute

Hooked
Are they wrong though?

Actually, Forbes is completely right...from a value standpoint, you can do much better...but this niche market doesn't care about mpg & creature comforts...and it has always been the jewel in any acquisition talk concerning Chrysler since they owned Jeep...and hopefully always will be...

Actually, Forbes is completely right...from a value standpoint, you can do much better...but this niche market doesn't care about mpg & creature comforts...and it has always been the jewel in any acquisition talk concerning Chrysler since they owned Jeep...and hopefully always will be...

Exactly. You can do much better for the money.

I think we are saying the same thing. [emoji106]

desync0

You'd think despite not being a couch on wheels Forbes would love Wranglers, they are supposed to be about money right?

I paid $24k and change for my 2011 brand new, I saw an identical Jeep with 120k on it going for $23k yesterday.

You'd think they'd like a vehicle that holds it's value so we'll.

Sent from my LG-H915 using WAYALIFE mobile app

DaJudge

One of their complaints was worse than average road noise! No shit! It is a box on wheels with a convertible top! Consumer Reports and Forbes are idiots!

Top Bottom