Anyone running the quadratec J5 lightbar?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Was thinking about a light bar due to the fact no streets here have fucking lights. Anyone running the J5 with amber clearance marker lights?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Mark, don’t waste the money on a light bar. In PA it’s technically “not legal” to run one and uncovered like I do. If you plan on keeping your front bumper we can upgrade your fog lights as a start which will also help in the snow this winter for you

The led headlights not enough? What about adding a set of driving lights like piaa’s. I’ve had my lightbar for a couple years now and I use it a lot but the only time I can use it on the road is empty country roads, they’re just not that practical if you want light for driving.

WJCO

Meme King
I have a set of rigid dually pillar lights. They put out as much as my cheapy LED light bar (42 inch). You could always do that too.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
The led headlights not enough? What about adding a set of driving lights like piaa’s. I’ve had my lightbar for a couple years now and I use it a lot but the only time I can use it on the road is empty country roads, they’re just not that practical if you want light for driving.

I have a set of rigid dually pillar lights. They put out as much as my cheapy LED light bar (42 inch). You could always do that too.

The tough part about PA is that technically any accessory lighting needs to be covered up at all times. This is an inspection law and one that many cops will actually enforce by handing you a fix it ticket.

RUBEERCON

I bought 4" Quadratec pillar lights and brackets. Just wanted to comment on their plug and play wire harness, I assume all of their light kits come with the harness. My harness had battery leads, inline fuse, the harness goes to the lights and continues to the dash and then it ties into the cig lighter harness with a T that heads to a supplied dash switch. No cutting or crimping, just a few hand tools needed for the install.

Easy plug and play, very bright and no issues after 2 years.

Saharaunlmtd

Caught the Bug
The tough part about PA is that technically any accessory lighting needs to be covered up at all times. This is an inspection law and one that many cops will actually enforce by handing you a fix it ticket.

X2 on this. Failed an inspection last year for not having accessory lights covered.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
I have it on my SEMA build, it’s a nice quality light bar, bright like any LED light bar is. They have damn good wiring instructions, the amber plugs into the fuse box to turn on with the running lights.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I run amber covers on my lights all the time so I never have any issues. I sometimes run the bumper bar on the road, which I hardly get any people flashing me, but I run it lower like a fog light.

I have to say on the J5 bar, It looks really good on road with the amber lights lit up. I have seen 2 so far and really like the look, but with my white, I feel it might light up the hood weird or something.

Top Bottom