Hardtop harness

72blubyu

I went to put the hardtop on a friends jeep this weekend and there were no connections for the hardtop. It's a 2017 but only came with a soft top and they are using the hardtop from their 2015. I see you can get the harness from Quadratec, anyone know how hard it is to install?

WJCO

Meme King
Are you sure it's not tucked away somewhere. Seems strange that it wouldn't be there at all.

Judesign

Caught the Bug
It’s stowed in the compartment where the rear driver seatbelt connects to the body.

Edit. Crap never mind. I guess if it came factory with the soft top you have to buy and install the harness.
Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Are you sure it's not tucked away somewhere. Seems strange that it wouldn't be there at all.

I felt that way too, but Jackal and I tore into his rear interior in desperate search for it. It appears that if the jeep didnt come from the factory with a hard top, the harness is not added? :idontknow:

But OP, ultimately, it should be easy to install. Just run the harness up the driver side of the jeep with the rest of the body harness and plug it in? :idontknow:

here are the instructions for the 07-10:
https://www.quadratec.com/sites/default/files/installation_instructions/75123.pdf

Last edited:

Amrth

I was thinking after the install we should take it to the dealer to flash the system because we end up changing the switches. isn't that the case?

Just for that reason, I'm running without the harness and for me its not a must have item!

I did not know that there are two different variant of harness.. looks like one for heated mirror'd Jeeps and other for Non's heated mirrors are available at quadratec..

Last edited:

DeJkUnlimited

Caught the Bug
^^ that’s by design, there’s a video circulating online of an Alpine rep (engineer maybe) talking about the revamped Alpine Premium Audio (oem) system from model year ‘14 on. And he stated that they were able to monitor the presence of the hard top and boost the signal(s) when removed.

Jackal01

I installed the trektop pro recently and had the oem soft top previously. I don't have the harness going to the back but I'm considering it just for defrost. I can't see spending that much on the dealer installing it. I've read it's just plug and play. My ac controls have the push button for the defroster and it even turns on. I'm also considering swapping the ac controls for automatic temp control. I read that's plug and play as well.

Top Bottom