Help—YJ oil leak

WJCO

Meme King
Could be lots of things. You need to clean it and recheck. Keep your tcase fluid level full to be safe. It could be the rear output seal or yoke plug leaking if you have one.

YJslim

Could be lots of things. You need to clean it and recheck. Keep your tcase fluid level full to be safe. It could be the rear output seal or yoke plug leaking if you have one.
Not sure if it does or not only had the jeep a few months slowly learning everythjing wrong with it

Sent from my SM-G955U using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
It almost looks like it's slinging out of the double knuckle

There's no fluid in there. But there is fluid in the Tcase. And it can leak out of a yoke plug if you have one. If you have one, it's inside of here (see pic below), there's no fluid pressure behind it, so if you seal it with RTV, it can fix it, otherwise the yoke has to be replaced.

20171023_213908.jpg

EDIT: Just realized it's not a slip yoke, so it likely will not have a plug.

BobNH

BrakeClean the shit out of it, then see where it seeps out of. I chased a similar leak for years on my TJ, then one day I realized it was coming out of the housing seal at the trans case. RTV around the whole thing, on the outside mind you, no disassembly required, and I erased every trace of a leak.

YJslim

I will check all this. I've never had one that seems to leak from the spline area cause you can see where the double knuckle is slinging the shit out of it. Everything from that knuckle forward is dry as a bone.

Sent from my SM-G955U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom