Articulation question

JKEmmy

Hey guys, I'm newly getting into some more extreme off roading. Is there anything to know before disconnecting my sway bars? If I articulate fully will I damage a shock it anything? Thanks sorry if these are dumb questions [emoji13] .

Saharaunlmtd

Caught the Bug
If you tell us about your Lift, someone will be able to help or you could measure the distances between your bumpstops and landing pads verse the amount of shock shaft showing.

***unless everything is stock, then you're fine***

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
You want your bump stop fully compressed (axle pad to contact bump stop cup) before your shock bottoms out. The only other thing you could run into if it's not set up right is the tire pushing up on the fender.

As far as droop, you want to make sure your brake lines are proper or routed properly so when the axle fully droops, they don't tear. Most setups aren't going to have this issue.

JKEmmy

Awesome thanks guys.....I have an AEV 3.5 in lift with fox shocks and their geometry kit. If there's any other suggestions. Appreciate the help!

Sent from my XT1650 using WAYALIFE mobile app

bouche03

Your best bet is to find an RTI ramp and flex it out to see if you have any issues with brake lines, drive shafts/exhaust crossover, and shocks/bump stops.

BobNH

Not sure it's relevant, but if you have an engine/trans skid that has the motor mount type mounting point, your diff can contact the drivers side support bracket at full flex. This happened with my stock jkr and stock electronic disco.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Top Bottom