Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Teraflex 1.5” lift for Renegade

Fresh Catch

New Teraflex 1.5” lift for Renegade

I was looking on the Teraflex website and see that they now have a lift for the Renegade. It looks like a well thought out kit. Has anyone else on here seen it? I had been looking at getting the Daystar kit but now this is probably gonna be my choice.

Looks alright but I don’t trust teraflex as far as I can throw it into the garbage pile. I would still get the daystar kit imo
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

October 16, 2013, wednesday early evening, east of the pacific ocean, selectee for truly random and boring Parking lot photo of the moment grand platinum prize winner!

2011 JK
    EVO Bolt-on Coilovers, EVO 1/4 pounder w/ stinger, 37" Cooper STT Pros, PR44, and some EVO stuff

Awaiting install-
    On Order-
    Want list- Evo carrier and skins, PSC hydro assis

jlwrangler.com

I would go with Daystar as well.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

That dude from Mississippi notnalc68's Avatar
    I wouldn’t trust the quality of Teraflex. See these threads. There are photos of broken Teraflex parts, that shouldn’t have broken.

https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/...isolated-cases

https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/...-Carrier-Break

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Three, and now four people are telling you, don’t. Spend so time looking at all the TerrorFlex broken parts issues. TF makes excellent advertisement videos, but that’s where the effort stops. Go with the Daystar kit.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I would cover myself in chocolate syrup and lay in a fire ant pile before I would run a TerrorFlex lift on anything I own.

My brothers will be getting Daystar, or Dobinsons if they release a BU suspension system.
    Captain Imachurity
    2003 WJ Build Thread
    2017 Gobi JKU Build Thread
    2016 Renegade Sport Build Thread
    2019 Compass Sport Build Thread

american trail products makes a 2in lift

Quote Originally Posted by shaggy151 View Post
    I was looking on the Teraflex website and see that they now have a lift for the Renegade. It looks like a well thought out kit. Has anyone else on here seen it? I had been looking at getting the Daystar kit but now this is probably gonna be my choice.
    American Trail Products makes a 2in lift for the renegade.its all aircraft grade aluminium not hard plastic or galvinized steel. fyi

Fresh Catch

Teraflex 1.5" Lifted Renegade TH

I installed the Teraflex 1.5" lift on my 16 TH without any real issues and so far so good from what I can tell. I was able to align the front camber and toe but not the caster. I probably just have to clock the struts some more. However, since caster isn't going to ruin my tires I probable won't go through the butt pain of clocking them again. As for the rear, camber and toe are good as well. I had to pull the top of the rear struts further outward then the instruction say to do initially when installing them in order to get the camber in specs. But that is a none issue since the instruction later say that what I did may be required in order to set the camber. Furthermore, nothing about the kit seems flimsy or easily breakable. I would recommend this kit to a friend. One more of thing of note; I went with Teraflix because after days of reading how Daystar and ATP kits fail a proper alignment regardless of what the companies claim, I simply didn't want the headache. Teraflix will actual align if you follow the installation instructions.

Just remember, the instructions do not say to remove the gas tank skid plates. Do yourself a favor and remove them - 3 bolts for each plate. You'll save yourself a headache trying to install the trailing arm brackets.

Quote Originally Posted by Roadsick View Post
    I installed the Teraflex 1.5" lift on my 16 TH without any real issues and so far so good from what I can tell. I was able to align the front camber and toe but not the caster. I probably just have to clock the struts some more. However, since caster isn't going to ruin my tires I probable won't go through the butt pain of clocking them again. As for the rear, camber and toe are good as well. I had to pull the top of the rear struts further outward then the instruction say to do initially when installing them in order to get the camber in specs. But that is a none issue since the instruction later say that what I did may be required in order to set the camber. Furthermore, nothing about the kit seems flimsy or easily breakable. I would recommend this kit to a friend. One more of thing of note; I went with Teraflix because after days of reading how Daystar and ATP kits fail a proper alignment regardless of what the companies claim, I simply didn't want the headache. Teraflix will actual align if you follow the installation instructions.

Just remember, the instructions do not say to remove the gas tank skid plates. Do yourself a favor and remove them - 3 bolts for each plate. You'll save yourself a headache trying to install the trailing arm brackets.
    Welcome to Wayalife.

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

Fresh Catch
    Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    Welcome to Wayalife.
    Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast