Mishimoto radiator

Ddays

Hooked
There's been several guys that had fitment issues with Mishimoto in the past. Please be sure to report back how your install goes. Pics would be cool too!

PATRIOTKJM

Whatever the manufacturer recommends.

What WJCO said, just remember to read the HOAT/OAT thread. Contrary to most beliefs coolant technology isn't magic. OEM's know this because if there was some magic serum they would be the first to adopt it as they could save on reduced material costs from a smaller radiator per say.

jeeeep

Hooked
since you're draining the system you should be able to use any anti-freeze brand you like that has aluminum protection.

I've been using Prestone 50/50 for the last 3 years no issues- -after a full system flush.

what you don't want to do is mix HOAT and OAT with each other or any non-compatible antifreeze.

I think manufacturers moved to OAT to extend the life of the antifreeze.

Since I drive my Jeep as a DD, wheel it and it's much heavier than stock now, I prefer to change the antifreeze more often just to satisfy my OCD.

Last edited:

jeep670

It would be nice to know the before/after running temps of the engine. Possible on same route under similar conditions. Please let us know.

mastrcruse

My next door neighbor is on his 3rd radiator from them. They keep leaking. Hasn’t helped his overheating problems either.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sold one to another Jeeper because I decided to use the money for something else and just had to send him the original receipt due to a leak. I read something that its getting better (who knows how they knew it was getting better haha) and that there was quality issues for a while but I guess its trying to be lucky not to get a bad one from the past.

tdougherty81

Sold one to another Jeeper because I decided to use the money for something else and just had to send him the original receipt due to a leak. I read something that its getting better (who knows how they knew it was getting better haha) and that there was quality issues for a while but I guess its trying to be lucky not to get a bad one from the past.

Yep that was me. lol

I have yet to receive the replacement and its pissing coolant. Didn't make a year on that one. Was able to trace the leak to the upper driverside core/tank.

Rocralr

Hello everyone. I have a Mishimoto radiator in my 2015 JKU. It was installed about 2 months ago. No problems with the install and so far no leaking issues. I use a waterless coolant in my JK. The boiling point is much higher then water and no pressure problems with hoses.

hyvltge

Well I completed the install and I have had time to take it out on the road. I believe that a lot of the time when you search for the quality of something that you are going to find more negative reviews then positive just because people that are happy don’t take the time to review things. With that being said I even contacted Mishimoto to get their opinion on the negative reviews I was finding before purchasing this radiator. I think this is a great looking product, pretty simple install and it is half and inch thinker so it technically has to have more cooling power. Unfortunately after installing this as well as the 185 thermostat and taking my Jeep out on the highway, my temps at 65-75 we’re no different. I’m still running an average temp of 222 degrees which makes me a little uncomfortable. I do think that it takes a little longer to get there but not much and when the fan does kick on in traffic it probably does bring it back down quicker.

Might try installing an additional fan to an on/off switch next or do I just save for a V8?

IMG_8739.JPG IMG_8747.JPG IMG_8748.JPG IMG_8751.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ddays

Hooked
Well I completed the install and I have had time to take it out on the road. I believe that a lot of the time when you search for the quality of something that you are going to find more negative reviews then positive just because people that are happy don’t take the time to review things. With that being said I even contacted Mishimoto to get their opinion on the negative reviews I was finding before purchasing this radiator. I think this is a great looking product, pretty simple install and it is half and inch thinker so it technically has to have more cooling power. Unfortunately after installing this as well as the 185 thermostat and taking my Jeep out on the highway, my temps at 65-75 we’re no different. I’m still running an average temp of 222 degrees which makes me a little uncomfortable. I do think that it takes a little longer to get there but not much and when the fan does kick on in traffic it probably does bring it back down quicker.

Might try installing an additional fan to an on/off switch next or do I just save for a V8?

IDK man, If I just spent a shitload on a rad and there was zero temp change I'd be pretty pissed I spent my money and wasted my time doing it. :crazyeyes:
Now if you save up for a V8 you'll need to install another new rad. Glad you had no fitment issues though.

My Durango has the same Pentastar V6 and the temps run 195 on the highway. They purposely run them hot in the JK's. I'm no engineer but I would think its all due to emissions.
Run hotter, more complete fuel burn. I wouldn't sweat the 222*

Top Bottom