Rancho high clearance steering knuckles install video

Rancho

Caught the Bug
Follow along as we install a set of our heavy duty high clearance knuckles.
These help get steering components up and out of the way.
Help maintain correct steering geometry too!
:beer:

WJCO

Meme King
Is it simply for clearance gains or did your jeep actually handle better after installed?

Main gain for these is if you are doing a drag link flip. This way you don't have to drill out the old knuckle and put in an insert (the Rancho knuckles are pre-drilled from top down), however, these knuckles will cost you more. And you still have to buy a raised track bar bracket regardless. 2nd reason is clearance gains, it's moves the tie rod up 1.5 inches.

In my case, I was doing a custom axle swap and had to do a drag link flip anyways. Going from a WJ axle to a JK, I had no knuckles to even install, so I had to buy JK knuckles anyways, so I went with these. My Jeep handles much better and has a way better steering radius than my previous axle, but that could be due to a number of variables.

TrailHunter

Hooked
Main gain for these is if you are doing a drag link flip. This way you don't have to drill out the old knuckle and put in an insert (the Rancho knuckles are pre-drilled from top down), however, these knuckles will cost you more. And you still have to buy a raised track bar bracket regardless. 2nd reason is clearance gains, it's moves the tie rod up 1.5 inches.

In my case, I was doing a custom axle swap and had to do a drag link flip anyways. Going from a WJ axle to a JK, I had no knuckles to even install, so I had to buy JK knuckles anyways, so I went with these. My Jeep handles much better and has a way better steering radius than my previous axle, but that could be due to a number of variables.

Got it... I thought you put them on your JK... makes sense with the WJ Axle swap.. good info. Thanks.

Rancho

Caught the Bug
Also another cost that should be considered is new ball joints too, since you are already tearing it down, replace those with Dynatracs, Rare Parts, Synergy, etc.
:beer:

Top Bottom