Prorock 80 setup with Evo Coilover's

aTX427

I'm working on my rear and having difficulty with the track bar interference with the rear diff. In speaking with Evo, Andrew said to cut off the Dynatrac track bar mount and weld the track bar mount that came with my Bolt on Coilover kit otherwise it will hit the coilover reservoir. This brings the track bar closer to the diff and collides with the diff cover on up travel. Keep in mind I'm using the stock track bar and have the axle centered at ride height and the bump stops centered at full stuff. My thought was to cut the track bar and shift the clearance bend over by 1.5" and weld on a sleave to secure it. Thoughts?

IMG_1158.JPG
IMG_1159.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Exodus 4x4

Man, no offense but I find it hard to believe everyone else has installed these setups and never had this problem. I’d take a breather on this build and maybe get another set of eyes on it.

I'm working on my rear and having difficulty with the track bar interference with the rear diff. In speaking with Evo, Andrew said to cut off the Dynatrac track bar mount and weld the track bar mount that came with my Bolt on Coilover kit otherwise it will hit the coilover reservoir. This brings the track bar closer to the diff and collides with the diff cover on up travel. Keep in mind I'm using the stock track bar and have the axle centered at ride height and the bump stops centered at full stuff. My thought was to cut the track bar and shift the clearance bend over by 1.5" and weld on a sleave to secure it. Thoughts?

View attachment 280893
View attachment 280894

I’ll start off by saying I’m not expert at all, but Does dynatrac customize depending if you are running Coilovers/DTD/coil spring? If so maybe it’s not for what you’re running? Just brain storming here

WJCO

Meme King
If you can, post more pics further out of what you're seeing.

Also a track bar goes from point a to point b, so ultimately if you have to fabricate a bend above the pumpkin, it's no big deal.

Benito

Caught the Bug

View attachment 280893
View attachment 280894

Do you have rear adjustable control arms? If you do you might have the axle set too far back.

aTX427

I moved the control arms back to stock length, but it had minimum impact on clearance. The uppers are now set to 17-7/16” and the lowers are set to 19-3/4".

IMG_1160.JPG
IMG_1164.JPG

I know there are others who have this same D80, but does anyone have the Bolt On Coilover kit as well? I would like to verify that they are a. in fact using the Evo rear coilover track bar mount and b. their installed track bar.

I purchased Jeep used with stock suspension, so I don't know if anything was changed without any knowledge. The only number I can find on the track bar is stamped on the back - 22694J3. If I recall Sahara D44 has equal length axle tubes and the Rubicon D44 has an off center diff. Is there different rear track bar on the Rubicon to account for the offset as well?

IMG_1166.JPG

Mybadjk

Caught the Bug
Pics Wayalife took at last years SEMA show Spicey Chicken with a Prorock80 rear and EVO's bolt on coilovers. Track bar definitely looks close, but it clears. View attachment 280955

Looking at the photos, they welded theirs on. You may have to do what was originally said and weld the kit bracket on and move it over a little. Or get aftermarket track bar that has a bigger bend

kingsize

We may have a few solutions for you. Feel free to give us a call @ 714-879-8913

PS: Andrew is the engineer that designed these parts :thumb:

Robert @ EVO MFG.

Benito

Caught the Bug
I thought I read somewhere as well that you can flip the trackbar so the bend is facing the front of the Jeep. I’m not sure if that only works with the DTD or the bolt on kit

kingsize

Just walked outside and snapped this photo of Spicy Chicken

Attachments

• 20171026_121631.jpg
    20171026_121631.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 275

2011jk

Never had a issue with the axle pushed back 1" with a Synergy bar..axle is perfectly centered at ride height.

aTX427

I ended up ordering a Currie track bar to fix the problem after remembering the larger axle tubes are are already pushing the axle back. Ended up being a blessing in disguise, because I was able to shift the axle over to keep the diff from hitting the gas tank.

AdrockTT

FWIW - I had to shave Dyna track bar mount on the axle + move the stock mount on the JKU body to get the track bar to clear the rear PR60 pumpkin. Now I have perfect articulation and clearance, but it took some modification.

aTX427

Are you saying you cut the stock frame side mount off the rear and moved it back? If so, how much and are you running Evo Coilover's? My rear frame side track bar bolt clears the bump stop by about 1/4". I was thinking about shifting it back in line with the axle side, but I'm also considering a dual trianglulated rear as well to just eliminate it altogether.

Top Bottom