295/70R17 Tires with Leveling Kit and Spacers

GraniteWilly

Does anyone have experience running 295/70R17 tires on a JKU with just a Teraflex leveling kit and Spidertrax 1.5" spacers? Any issues when flexing disconnected? Debating between STT Pros in 285/70R17 and 295/70R17 and would love to know if there are any issues going the bigger route.

Clutch

Caught the Bug
No issues, I went 35s on a 2” leveling kit after I trimmed my fenders. I had bumpstops, brake line ext brackets, and longer sway bar links. You should be fine with that set up.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
What Clutch said. Just do correct bump stops. Trim your fenders, if you like. Those are metric 34’s, and lots of people run 35’s like that.

GraniteWilly

Thanks for the insight!

What do you recommend for bump stops? Being a leveling kit, I’m currently set up without any additional bump stops as it seems to be hard to find short ones.

If left as is, would either of those sizes work without fender damage? I don’t wheel too often but I’d like to know that when I do, I’m not going to rip off a fender.

CarolinaJK

I’m running the 2” Evo leveling kit with 35’s, 19/60 rear coils and a 3/4 rear coil spacer. I put on 2” extended rear bumpstops and that ended up being far too much. Went back to stock bumps and it flexes out almost perfectly. Just my two cents. Every Jeep could be different.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Have you considered MasterCraft Courser MT's? Very nice tire. Give em a chance. They are load E. Wear great. Less expensive. Rotated first at 4,000, then over 6,000. I was surprised how well they wear. I am running the 295/70/17 on stock wheels.

GraniteWilly

Have you considered MasterCraft Courser MT's? Very nice tire. Give em a chance. They are load E. Wear great. Less expensive. Rotated first at 4,000, then over 6,000. I was surprised how well they wear. I am running the 295/70/17 on stock wheels.

How are they in the rain? A big part of me wanting the STT Pros is that they seem to do pretty well on wet pavement, plus they are on the quieter side for MTs. We’ve got a pretty solid road trip coming up so road manners are semi-important.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
How are they in the rain? A big part of me wanting the STT Pros is that they seem to do pretty well on wet pavement, plus they are on the quieter side for MTs. We’ve got a pretty solid road trip coming up so road manners are semi-important.
I've driven in rain and was surprised they handled well. They are sipped. I've read some negative comments about handlng in rain but have not experienced it. My only bitch is they do hold small rocks.
IMG_20171027_071825459.jpg

IMG_20171027_071750953.jpg

IMG_20171027_071928824.jpg

IMG_20171027_071935328.jpg

Sent from my XT1080 using WAYALIFE mobile app

GraniteWilly

I've driven in rain and was surprised they handled well. They are sipped. I've read some negative comments about handlng in rain but have not experienced it. My only bitch is they do hold small rocks.

They sure do look good, they stick out a lot less than I’d imagined. I’m sold on the size, now to choose a tire. Thanks for the recommendation.

I'm running the teraflex 1.5" leveling kit with 295/70r17 stt pro coopers with 1.5" wheel spacers and have no issues with rubbing. now I do have my fenders chopped but it's more for looks and going to 35" eventually. IMG_20170322_153203044.jpg

Top Bottom