Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 295/70R17 Tires with Leveling Kit and Spacers

295/70R17 Tires with Leveling Kit and Spacers

Does anyone have experience running 295/70R17 tires on a JKU with just a Teraflex leveling kit and Spidertrax 1.5" spacers? Any issues when flexing disconnected? Debating between STT Pros in 285/70R17 and 295/70R17 and would love to know if there are any issues going the bigger route.

No issues, I went 35s on a 2” leveling kit after I trimmed my fenders. I had bumpstops, brake line ext brackets, and longer sway bar links. You should be fine with that set up.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

That dude from Mississippi notnalc68's Avatar
    What Clutch said. Just do correct bump stops. Trim your fenders, if you like. Those are metric 34’s, and lots of people run 35’s like that.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Thanks for the insight!

What do you recommend for bump stops? Being a leveling kit, I’m currently set up without any additional bump stops as it seems to be hard to find short ones.

If left as is, would either of those sizes work without fender damage? I don’t wheel too often but I’d like to know that when I do, I’m not going to rip off a fender.

I think JKS sells 2” ones or you could use hockey pucks, literally.

You may be fine without them.

I’m running the 2” Evo leveling kit with 35’s, 19/60 rear coils and a 3/4 rear coil spacer. I put on 2” extended rear bumpstops and that ended up being far too much. Went back to stock bumps and it flexes out almost perfectly. Just my two cents. Every Jeep could be different.

This is all very helpful, thanks everyone for your help!

Have you considered MasterCraft Courser MT's? Very nice tire. Give em a chance. They are load E. Wear great. Less expensive. Rotated first at 4,000, then over 6,000. I was surprised how well they wear. I am running the 295/70/17 on stock wheels.
    “Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring--it was peace.”

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do...
    Explore. Dream. Discover."

"Take a compass, because it's always awkward when you have to eat a friend."

BTW, I had ran that set up you want on my 2 door and no problems.
    “Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring--it was peace.”

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do...
    Explore. Dream. Discover."

"Take a compass, because it's always awkward when you have to eat a friend."

Quote Originally Posted by catahoula View Post
    Have you considered MasterCraft Courser MT's? Very nice tire. Give em a chance. They are load E. Wear great. Less expensive. Rotated first at 4,000, then over 6,000. I was surprised how well they wear. I am running the 295/70/17 on stock wheels.
    How are they in the rain? A big part of me wanting the STT Pros is that they seem to do pretty well on wet pavement, plus they are on the quieter side for MTs. We’ve got a pretty solid road trip coming up so road manners are semi-important.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast