Favorite film and most memorable line

Zevulin

Movies are often referenced in pop culture, thought it would be fun to start a thread with your all time favorite film and most memorable line.
For me it would be the original Godfather from 1972. My favorite line is when Paulie gets popped in the head by Rocco, as Rocco gets out of the car, Clemenza says: “Leave the gun - take the cannoli.”

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app Image1509195408.788764.jpg

Last edited:

BobNH

Spies Like Us has one of my favorites

“RUSSIAN INTERROGATOR:” Every minute you don’t tell us why you are here, I cut off a finger.
“EMMETT:” Mine or yours?
“RUSSIAN INTERROGATOR:” Yours!
“EMMETT:” Damn!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

sipafz

Caught the Bug
The Thin Red Line:

When First Sergeant Edward Welsh (Sean Penn) says to Private Witt (Jim Caviezel) “I might be the best friend you ever had; you don’t even know it”

IMG_5794.JPG

IMG_5793.JPG

Last edited:

Brute

Hooked
Not my favorite film, but possibly best line in a movie...D.C. Cab...Gary Busey..."Women have it made; they get half the money and all the pussy"

Jackal01

Dumb and Dumber hands down. Favorite all time movie and line.

"Hey guys! Ooo big gulps, huh? Alright. Welp...see ya later!"

TrailHunter

Hooked
"Hey, maybe you haven't been keeping up on Current Events.... But we just got our asses kicked, pal!" - Pvt. Hudson (Bill Paxton)

Texas Nick

Caught the Bug
Dazed and Confused:
“Thing about these high school girls.. I get older, they stay the same age.. haha.. yes they do”

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Monty python and the holy grail

“I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.”

To many lines to quote from that movie lol!

TrailHunter

Hooked
"Surely you can't be serious..." "I am serious, and please don't call me Shirley"

"Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue" - Airplane

desertrunner

"Surely you can't be serious..." "I am serious, and please don't call me Shirley"

"Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue" - Airplane
Love that movie! It's even funnier being a pilot!

"There's a problem in the cockpit!"

"Problem in the cockpit, what is it?"

"It's the small room up front where the pilot sits, but that's not important right now"

Hahahaha

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Brute

Hooked
Monty python and the holy grail

“I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.”

To many lines to quote from that movie lol!

"Look you stupid bastard, you've got no arms left"
"Yes I do"
"Look!"
"Just a flesh wound"

"And after the spanking, the oral sex"
"Well, I guess I could stay a bit like longer"

This movie has special sentimental value for me. I was a senior in high school and drove down from MA to NJ to visit my dad...while driving to the movie, he pulls out the ash tray and spots a half burned dubee...I'm thinking "Oh Shit"...to my surprise, he puts it in his mouth, lights it and hands it to me. We laughed our asses off watching that movie. The next time I saw him, he was in the hospital, dying of brain cancer...he was 53.

GraniteCrystal

"Look you stupid bastard, you've got no arms left"
"Yes I do"
"Look!"
"Just a flesh wound"

"And after the spanking, the oral sex"
"Well, I guess I could stay a bit like longer"

This movie has special sentimental value for me. I was a senior in high school and drove down from MA to NJ to visit my dad...while driving to the movie, he pulls out the ash tray and spots a half burned dubee...I'm thinking "Oh Shit"...to my surprise, he puts it in his mouth, lights it and hands it to me. We laughed our asses off watching that movie. The next time I saw him, he was in the hospital, dying of brain cancer...he was 53.
Great movie. Haven't seen it in over 10 years. Maybe time to go watch again.

Top Bottom