Carry A Snatch Block !

WJCO

Meme King
So our sole purpose for going out today was to test out my new tire carrier by dropping off a particular ledge. In the picture below from another day, you can see Slimebones coming down it. I've hit on it and every other similar ledge when my tire carrier was built low. And sure enough, it worked great, I didn't hit at all. Really happy about that. However, when we got there, there was a guy that had rolled a side-by-side. I don't know exactly how, but he was ok and had no cell service. To the left of him was an uphill mountain surface and to the right of him was a drop off, and we had no way to pull him in the direction he needed to go to get him back on the ground as far as being able to park in that area. Luckily we had a snatch block, and it was the first time we used it. I honestly don't think we could have gotten this guy back on the ground without it. Luckily the roll cage had a welded on grab handle at the perfect place to pull from. We hooked on to that and had him back on the ground in seconds. He was able to start it and head down the mountain.

And in other good news, I had to use my lockers to get up that ridge and they are fucking awesome. :D

DSC06573.jpg

1028171148.jpg

1028171156.jpg

1028171159.jpg

And we found a kick ass camp spot that we'll check out this summer.

camp (1).jpg

camp (2).jpg

camp (3).jpg

camp (5).jpg

Last edited:

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
So our sole purpose for going out today was to test out my new tire carrier by dropping off a particular ledge. In the picture below from another day, you can see Slimebones coming down it. I've hit on it and every other similar ledge when my tire carrier was built low. And sure enough, it worked great, I didn't hit at all. Really happy about that. However, when we got there, there was a guy that had rolled a side-by-side. I don't know exactly how, but he was ok and had no cell service. To the left of him was an uphill mountain surface, and we had no way to pull him in the direction he needed to go to get him back on the ground as far as being able to park in that area. Luckily we had a snatch block, and it was the first time we used it. I honestly don't think we could have gotten this guy back on the ground without it. Luckily the roll cage had a welded on grab handle at the perfect place to pull from. We hooked on to that and had him back on the ground in seconds. He was able to start it and head down the mountain.

And in other good news, I had to use my lockers to get up that ridge and they are fucking awesome. :D

View attachment 281158

View attachment 281155

View attachment 281156

View attachment 281157

And we found a kick ass camp spot that we'll check out this summer.

View attachment 281159

View attachment 281160

View attachment 281161

View attachment 281162

Right on. Way to help out.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

CharlesC

Good job man, I'm sure he was glad to see you!! The tire carrier looks awesome and I'm glad it is working for you[emoji106]. Snatch block is definitely on the to get list. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Another guy that was up there snapped some pics of my Jeep down that ledge and just sent them to me. Small photos, but Jeep got kind of flexy.

IMG954486.jpg

IMG954488.jpg

IMG954493.jpg

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Snatch blocks for the win. I know they have helped me a few times when wheeling in the snow. The lack of traction put more stress on the winch then needed so using the block to double the pulling power helped a ton

Brute

Hooked
One should always carry at least two (I carry three)...sometimes the winch line pull point is very close, and you may want to run the line through a snatch block back to your bumper via another snatch block back to another close tree or rock...this allows you to get a few more wraps off the winch for increased pulling power and use greater mechanical advantage...which may be useful in breaking the vacuum in deep mud or coming up a steep incline...or needing multiple change of angles when a direct line of sight pull is not an option...ditto multiple tree savers and plenty d-rings...

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Good work and good advice! Also glad to hear that your tire carrier is performing as well as it looks!

jeeeep

Hooked
snatch blocks are very handy...

glad the guy was ok and better you happened along to help him out :thumb:

Breer

Caught the Bug
Very handy! I ran into a similar situation and did not have one... A Jeep rolled at the crest of a steep incline/decline. Best course of action would have been to winch from the base with a snatch block giving you the change of direction.. I bought one and have carried it ever since..

Sent from my Pixel XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
...my tire carrier was built low. And sure enough, it worked great, I didn't hit at all. Really happy about that.

It is great when you get to use your equipment, confirming and supporting your decision in making that kind of investment. I would always question the money I spent on something until I actually used the safety recovery equipment and lockers and after their usage, thank god that I went that route.

I only have one snatch block and feel that I can still achieve a 2 to 1 ratio pull if need be. But if I were to use two, getting a 4 to 1 pull could be dangerous and thus I force myself to re-think things. Love the camp spot and nice flexing on the WJ. I am pretty sure my WJ cannot flex like that.

Top Bottom