Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: JK 35 spline axle question

  1. #1
    Nothing but a Thing QuicksilverJK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Reno NV
    Posts
    1,402

    JK 35 spline axle question

    I have the Non Rubi JK 35 spline rear axle upgrade. Outer wheel seal is leaking (likely from install error, I think I pinched on initial install). my question is what are the bearing and seal part #s so that I can get this thing put back together, and not have to wait for shipping from Dynatrac. Of course if Dynatrac doesn't want to post this info online, that is entirely understandable. I was just thinking that it could be useful info for other members down the road.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

  2. #2
    Nothing but a Thing Strodinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    1,182
    Any auto parts store near you should be able to cross match whatever part number is on the seal

    Sent from my Life One X2 using WAYALIFE mobile app
    If you want to see a broke college kid struggle through an LS swap, then here's your chance: https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/...546#post956546

  3. #3
    Nothing but a Thing Strodinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    1,182
    If you can find any part numbers on there, PM me them and I can cross them through my databases at work tomorrow. I should be able to find an oem equivalent that you can find virtually anywhere

    Sent from my Life One X2 using WAYALIFE mobile app
    If you want to see a broke college kid struggle through an LS swap, then here's your chance: https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/...546#post956546

  4. #4
    Nothing but a Thing QuicksilverJK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Reno NV
    Posts
    1,402
    Thanks. Since the bearing is gonna need to be pressed onto the shaft anyway, I will probably just take it to my local axle shop and let them figure it out.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

  5. #5
    Advertiser Dynatrac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Huntington Beach
    Posts
    196
    Quote Originally Posted by QuicksilverJK View Post
    I have the Non Rubi JK 35 spline rear axle upgrade. Outer wheel seal is leaking (likely from install error, I think I pinched on initial install). my question is what are the bearing and seal part #s so that I can get this thing put back together, and not have to wait for shipping from Dynatrac. Of course if Dynatrac doesn't want to post this info online, that is entirely understandable. I was just thinking that it could be useful info for other members down the road.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    We are actually happy to post this. The bearing and collar are a Timken SET10 bearing kit. There are numerous seals available at auto parts stores, but the one we prefer is made by National Oil Seal PN 9912. Avoid other seals as substitutes.

    Don’t feel bad. It is easy to damage the seal while you juggle the stock JK backing plate during installation.

    Please call if you need more help.


    www.dynatrac.com
    Customer Support Phone: 714-596-4461
    Customer Support email: expeditor@dynatrac.com

  6. #6
    Nothing but a Thing QuicksilverJK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Reno NV
    Posts
    1,402
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynatrac View Post
    We are actually happy to post this. The bearing and collar are a Timken SET10 bearing kit. There are numerous seals available at auto parts stores, but the one we prefer is made by National Oil Seal PN 9912. Avoid other seals as substitutes.

    Don’t feel bad. It is easy to damage the seal while you juggle the stock JK backing plate during installation.

    Please call if you need more help.
    Thank you so much for this. This is exactly why you guys have such a great reputation for customer service. There are lots of other places that would rather sell replacement parts direct. I will always refer anyone looking for bad ass axles and parts to you guys.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

  7. #7
    Nothing but a Thing boardsurfer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    5280
    Posts
    1,720
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynatrac View Post
    We are actually happy to post this. The bearing and collar are a Timken SET10 bearing kit. There are numerous seals available at auto parts stores, but the one we prefer is made by National Oil Seal PN 9912. Avoid other seals as substitutes.

    Don’t feel bad. It is easy to damage the seal while you juggle the stock JK backing plate during installation.

    Please call if you need more help.
    Are these part numbers applicable to the PR60?(SF).

  8. #8
    Advertiser Dynatrac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Huntington Beach
    Posts
    196
    Quote Originally Posted by boardsurfer View Post
    Are these part numbers applicable to the PR60?(SF).
    These part numbers are specific to a stock Dana 44 JK axle with our 35-spline axleshaft upgrade kit.


    www.dynatrac.com
    Customer Support Phone: 714-596-4461
    Customer Support email: expeditor@dynatrac.com

  9. #9
    Nothing but a Thing boardsurfer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    5280
    Posts
    1,720
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynatrac View Post
    These part numbers are specific to a stock Dana 44 JK axle with our 35-spline axleshaft upgrade kit.
    I figured as much. Can you help me with the part numbers for the PR60 equivalent? 35 spline, semifloat. driver side, rear if it matters.

  10. #10
    Addict Ddays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Darlington, Pa
    Posts
    9,504
    Quote Originally Posted by boardsurfer View Post
    I figured as much. Can you help me with the part numbers for the PR60 equivalent? 35 spline, semifloat. driver side, rear if it matters.
    Pretty sure this is the P/N = #wishididaffrear

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Spare 30 Spline Rear Axle Shaft - Necessity or nice to have?
    By Saharaunlmtd in forum Jeep JK Wrangler
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-22-2017, 07:22 AM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-02-2016, 07:52 PM
  3. Rear axle spline upgrade question
    By Jerms in forum Jeep JK Wrangler
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 12-06-2013, 01:47 AM
  4. Axle spline questions?
    By Jerms in forum Jeep JK Wrangler
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-19-2013, 11:34 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
“wayoflife” is a moniker that I’ve been using for 20 years now and I chose it because I think it does a great job of explaining, in simple terms, the passion I have for Jeeps and the Jeep way of life. This is a lifestyle that transcends age, gender and race as the only thing you need to be a part of it is a love for the outdoors, a desire to explore, a yearning to take on a challenge and a will to conquer it. Over the years, Cindy and I have attempted to capture the essence of this lifestyle through photographs and videos and share it with others around the world. And, this is how WAYALIFE was born.
Join us
WATCH OUR VIDEOS