Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JK 35 spline axle question

Nothing but a Thing QuicksilverJK's Avatar

JK 35 spline axle question

I have the Non Rubi JK 35 spline rear axle upgrade. Outer wheel seal is leaking (likely from install error, I think I pinched on initial install). my question is what are the bearing and seal part #s so that I can get this thing put back together, and not have to wait for shipping from Dynatrac. Of course if Dynatrac doesn't want to post this info online, that is entirely understandable. I was just thinking that it could be useful info for other members down the road.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Nothing but a Thing Strodinator's Avatar
    Any auto parts store near you should be able to cross match whatever part number is on the seal

Sent from my Life One X2 using WAYALIFE mobile app
    If you want to see a broke college kid struggle through an LS swap, then here's your chance: https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/...546#post956546

Nothing but a Thing Strodinator's Avatar
    If you can find any part numbers on there, PM me them and I can cross them through my databases at work tomorrow. I should be able to find an oem equivalent that you can find virtually anywhere

Sent from my Life One X2 using WAYALIFE mobile app
    If you want to see a broke college kid struggle through an LS swap, then here's your chance: https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/...546#post956546

Thanks. Since the bearing is gonna need to be pressed onto the shaft anyway, I will probably just take it to my local axle shop and let them figure it out.

Quote Originally Posted by QuicksilverJK View Post
    I have the Non Rubi JK 35 spline rear axle upgrade. Outer wheel seal is leaking (likely from install error, I think I pinched on initial install). my question is what are the bearing and seal part #s so that I can get this thing put back together, and not have to wait for shipping from Dynatrac. Of course if Dynatrac doesn't want to post this info online, that is entirely understandable. I was just thinking that it could be useful info for other members down the road.

We are actually happy to post this. The bearing and collar are a Timken SET10 bearing kit. There are numerous seals available at auto parts stores, but the one we prefer is made by National Oil Seal PN 9912. Avoid other seals as substitutes.

Don’t feel bad. It is easy to damage the seal while you juggle the stock JK backing plate during installation.

Please call if you need more help.

www.dynatrac.com
    Customer Support Phone: 714-596-4461
    Customer Support email: expeditor@dynatrac.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dynatrac View Post
    We are actually happy to post this. The bearing and collar are a Timken SET10 bearing kit. There are numerous seals available at auto parts stores, but the one we prefer is made by National Oil Seal PN 9912. Avoid other seals as substitutes.

Don’t feel bad. It is easy to damage the seal while you juggle the stock JK backing plate during installation.

Thank you so much for this. This is exactly why you guys have such a great reputation for customer service. There are lots of other places that would rather sell replacement parts direct. I will always refer anyone looking for bad ass axles and parts to you guys.

Nothing but a Thing boardsurfer's Avatar

Are these part numbers applicable to the PR60?(SF).

Quote Originally Posted by boardsurfer View Post
    Are these part numbers applicable to the PR60?(SF).
    These part numbers are specific to a stock Dana 44 JK axle with our 35-spline axleshaft upgrade kit.

www.dynatrac.com
    Customer Support Phone: 714-596-4461
    Customer Support email: expeditor@dynatrac.com

Nothing but a Thing boardsurfer's Avatar
    These part numbers are specific to a stock Dana 44 JK axle with our 35-spline axleshaft upgrade kit.
    I figured as much. Can you help me with the part numbers for the PR60 equivalent? 35 spline, semifloat. driver side, rear if it matters.

Quote Originally Posted by boardsurfer View Post
    I figured as much. Can you help me with the part numbers for the PR60 equivalent? 35 spline, semifloat. driver side, rear if it matters.
    Pretty sure this is the P/N = #wishididaffrear

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast