JK 35 spline axle question

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
I have the Non Rubi JK 35 spline rear axle upgrade. Outer wheel seal is leaking (likely from install error, I think I pinched on initial install). my question is what are the bearing and seal part #s so that I can get this thing put back together, and not have to wait for shipping from Dynatrac. Of course if Dynatrac doesn't want to post this info online, that is entirely understandable. I was just thinking that it could be useful info for other members down the road.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
If you can find any part numbers on there, PM me them and I can cross them through my databases at work tomorrow. I should be able to find an oem equivalent that you can find virtually anywhere

Sent from my Life One X2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

I have the Non Rubi JK 35 spline rear axle upgrade. Outer wheel seal is leaking (likely from install error, I think I pinched on initial install). my question is what are the bearing and seal part #s so that I can get this thing put back together, and not have to wait for shipping from Dynatrac. Of course if Dynatrac doesn't want to post this info online, that is entirely understandable. I was just thinking that it could be useful info for other members down the road.

We are actually happy to post this. The bearing and collar are a Timken SET10 bearing kit. There are numerous seals available at auto parts stores, but the one we prefer is made by National Oil Seal PN 9912. Avoid other seals as substitutes.

Don’t feel bad. It is easy to damage the seal while you juggle the stock JK backing plate during installation.

Please call if you need more help.

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
We are actually happy to post this. The bearing and collar are a Timken SET10 bearing kit. There are numerous seals available at auto parts stores, but the one we prefer is made by National Oil Seal PN 9912. Avoid other seals as substitutes.

Don’t feel bad. It is easy to damage the seal while you juggle the stock JK backing plate during installation.

Thank you so much for this. This is exactly why you guys have such a great reputation for customer service. There are lots of other places that would rather sell replacement parts direct. I will always refer anyone looking for bad ass axles and parts to you guys. [emoji482]

boardsurfer

Are these part numbers applicable to the PR60?(SF).

boardsurfer

These part numbers are specific to a stock Dana 44 JK axle with our 35-spline axleshaft upgrade kit.

I figured as much. Can you help me with the part numbers for the PR60 equivalent? 35 spline, semifloat. driver side, rear if it matters.

Ddays

Hooked
dont get smart with me.. :D

LOL, Honestly, overall I'm pretty happy with my SF, but sometimes late at night, when no one else can hear, that little tiny voice whispers in my ear
WHY DIDN'T YOU BUY A FF REAR YOU STUPID CHEAP BASTARD? :cheesy:

Exodus 4x4

How bad is the leak? Sometimes (not always) you can run a small bead of RTV black over the seal and reinstall it, stopping the leak. I always apply some even on new installs just in case.

Top Bottom