Watercolors: Exploring fall colors and waterfalls in North Georgia

longarmwj

With fall making itself very well known here in the North Georgia Mountains, I decided that I should round up a group of local Jeepers and go on the hunt for some fall colors and do some water fall hunting while I was at it. The day started cold....very cold. As in 25 degrees with wind chill of probably 15 or less cold. We set out at about 10:00 AM, and within ten minutes we were off the paved road and throwing up a little mud.
IMG_4436.jpg
The first actual stop really wasn't much of a stop at all. But it was a "oh shit we took a wrong turn" stop
IMG_4439.jpg
Eventually, we figured out where we turned wrong, and got back on the way
IMG_4442.jpg
Eventually we made it to our first stop. Helton Creek Falls. This waterfall is about a tenth of a mile back off the main road, but in the fall colors, it was beautiful. This first picture is the view looking down the trail towards the falls.
IMG_4445.jpg
The second waterfall just downstream of the main waterfall.
IMG_4446.jpg
Looking downstream.
IMG_4447.jpg
The actual waterfall itself
IMG_4448.jpg
Back in the Jeeps!! We decided to make a quick drive down the Georgia Scenic Byway which is a must drive if you ever visit North Georgia. We were shocked to find snow up top at one of the overlooks!
IMG_4457.jpg
IMG_4458.jpg
IMG_4459.jpg
IMG_4460.jpg
The last stop of the day took us to a nameless waterfall. At least, we couldn't find a name for it. This one, in my humble opinion, was more beautiful then the first waterfall. This was the main trail to get there, which required walking across a bridge with beautiful views of a stream.
IMG_4466.jpg
IMG_4467.jpg
IMG_4468.jpg
Finally to the waterfall itself.
IMG_4470.jpg
IMG_4475.jpg
We had quite a good turnout, and as always it was great to get out and explore!
IMG_4464.jpg
IMG_4484.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

BaddestCross

Beautiful! I'm hoping to be able to move in the next few years and I'm leaning towards somewhere near the Tennessee/Georgia border simply because of views like these. Thanks for sharing! 👍

Sent from my SM-P600 using WAYALIFE mobile app

longarmwj

Beautiful! I'm hoping to be able to move in the next few years and I'm leaning towards somewhere near the Tennessee/Georgia border simply because of views like these. Thanks for sharing! [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-P600 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Do it!! The Appalachian Mountains hold some of the most beautiful areas in the country, and they are rich with all kinds of history! Not to mention Appalachian cooking is some of the absolute best you'll find anywhere. Boiled peanuts, collard greens, and fried squirrel. Damn now I'm hungry [emoji23]

BaddestCross

Do it!! The Appalachian Mountains hold some of the most beautiful areas in the country, and they are rich with all kinds of history! Not to mention Appalachian cooking is some of the absolute best you'll find anywhere. Boiled peanuts, collard greens, and fried squirrel. Damn now I'm hungry [emoji23]

Don't even get me started on the food... Haven't been able to enjoy BBQ since we visited Memphis or seafood since Savannah. 😜

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Top Bottom