Stock Tire Carrier and 295/70R17 Tires

GraniteWilly

Apologies if this is covered, I’ve been searching a bunch without any luck.

I am running stock Willys Wheeler wheels and plan to run 295/70R17 STT Pros when I get new tires. I have Spidertrax spacers, although not for the spare.

My question is, will the wider tires mounted on OEM wheels be able to mount on the stock tire carrier without a spacer? I figure I can just trim the bump stops to accept the wider tire if needed, but I’m not sure it will clear the bumper...etc.

Thanks!

chipper

I had to run a spacer for the spare also with the stock rims on the stock carrier. But that was with 12.5 wide tire. I think you still may need one. I just bought a cheap set of 2 and gave the other to a friend. No need to run a Spidertrax for the spare. If you do , make sure you extend your rubber bumpstops to secure you new tire

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

they just fit. I am running that exact tire it just fits under the third brake light. Although I would recommend a heavy duty tire carrier any ways. my 2 cents

I didn't need to trim but I have the 1.5" teraflex leveling kit. More because I like the look and want to go to 35" s eventually

GraniteWilly

And the verdict is:

295/70R17 STT Pros mounted on stock Willys/Rubicon wheels will fit fine on the stock carrier.

It’s a bit snug but after torquing it down it sits up tight against the mount and clears everywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom