Thanksgiving week at Windrock Tn.

Rome

So my family and I will be heading out from South Mississippi and camping in state parks along the way to wind rock.
Anyone know of any sights to see in northern Alabama or in the Chattanooga area. We would like to stay away from the usual tourist destinations.
We will be arriving @ Windrock maybe the Saturday before thanksgiving and wheeling the week if anyone wants to join in.
We will have to stick to some of the more g raided trails due to tire size.

Rome

Well I took some time last weekend to cook a turkey in a Dutch oven on an open fire.
I did not want thanksgiving being my first time. 12lb bird took only 1:45. One of the best tasting turkeys I've ever had so good that someone else should have cooked it. Way to good for me.
We will be doing thanksgiving dinner on the fire turkey and dressing included hey maybe an apple crisp pie too.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

MattAlpha

Caught the Bug
I wish I could join up with you guys, but I will be in FLA that weekend.

I hope you have an awesome time!

Vulcan Park and Museum in Birmingham is pretty cool as are Rickwood and Cathedral Caverns in Northern Alabama. There is also Stoney Lonesome OHV outside Cullman that I plan on checking out that week.

That's good to hear. I've seen so pictures that make it look pretty fun. We are pretty limited down here on places to go so we are looking forward to it.

Stony lonesome is a good time. Some of the trails are a little tight though. What day will you be in that area

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Not sure yet we are leaving down here on Friday night headed to Chilton County to get there in time for opening day. Probably head up there Tuesday or Wednesday I'm thinking. Really depends on how the hunting goes.

Top Bottom