Hello from Alabama

CTA791

What's up everyone, just wanted to say hey!

I own an off road park in north Alabama, Busted Knuckle Off Road Park, and we have been open since April of this year. I've lived the WAYALIFE all my life, but never owned a Jeep (currently I have a RZR XPT4 and a 78 K5 on tons pending an LS swap). A few weeks ago, we at BKORP hosted a Jeep Invasion event. My wife helps work the events and, in the process, caught the fever. We've been in the market to trade her vehicle, but were hung up on what to get. She really liked the looks of the JKUs that were cruising around the park. We looked hard at and considered holding out for the new JL, but it's just not for us. Long story short, we drove a couple and I pulled the trigger last week on a 2017 JKU. This Jeep is a first for both of us, and her first 4x4 vehicle.

Before owning the park, she was never really exposed to the WAYALIFE. She's definitely has interest in wheeling now, and wants to modify her new ride (score one for me :rock:)! We've been cruising the net and watching Jeep videos the last several days and stumbled across the WAYALIFE channel. We've been hooked since! Really top-notch videos, and some great footage of actual beatings on the trail! I am a partner and editor for Busted Knuckle Films. We cover extreme off road motor sports (hill climbing, UTV racing, rock bouncing, mega trucks, etc). Especially within the rock bouncing/racing crowd, Wranglers hold the stereotype of being "mall crawlers," so I can FULLY appreciate you guys and gals abusing your rigs!

This is her new daily, so this will not be a huge tire vehicle. Busted Knuckle has some great relationships with some killer aftermarket companies, so stay tuned for a complete build up of this rig! We're loving the Western cross-country-type rides (JK-Experience, etc) on the WAYALIFE channel. Hopefully the wife and I can head out West in the near future with her new rig to meet up with some of you and do some wheeling!

IMG_0102.jpg

drrags

Welcome, CTA. I don't know much about northern Alabama, but I used to live in Auburn. Loved it there but that was a long time ago. I wonder what it's like now.

CTA791

Welcome, CTA. I don't know much about northern Alabama, but I used to live in Auburn. Loved it there but that was a long time ago. I wonder what it's like now.

Very different. Pretty much non-stop construction since around 2004. I graduated from Auburn in 2013. It’s changed a bunch even since then.

mule

Welcome to wayalife from Knoxville. My folks live down in Guntersville.

How is your park for more stock resembling rigs, like your new Jeep. And if not, are you thinking about trails for the 33/35 inch open/open daily driven rigs.

Thanks I'll hang up and listen. ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MattAlpha

Caught the Bug
Welcome to the forum from a guy who lives near Huntsville!

I’m excited to hear that your Park is open! I’m looking forward to checking it out!

CTA791

Welcome to wayalife from Knoxville. My folks live down in Guntersville.

How is your park for more stock resembling rigs, like your new Jeep. And if not, are you thinking about trails for the 33/35 inch open/open daily driven rigs.

Thanks I'll hang up and listen. ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ha, my parents live in Guntersville.

My goal for the trails at BKORP is 80% to be mild to moderate. Of course, most people like to see buggies hitting the extreme stuff, but the Jeep/Toyota crowd has numbers. The RZR market is getting big too, and while they are more capable, most RZR folks prefer mild/moderate trails also.

Had a couple bone stock JKs at the Jeep Invasion, and they had a blast. If you have a small lift and 35s, you can do a lot at BKORP. Throw in a locker (or two) and you can do most of our trails. Even the trails with harder obstacles, we try to make bypasses around everything.

I would encourage any Jeeper, from stock to tons and 40s, to come check it out!

Top Bottom