At long last...I winched.

Ixion

Hey family.

I'm not going to lie, since I installed my winch over the summer I've been bugging the daylights out of people asking if I can pull their car around or do something to actually use my winch.

Finally, my harassment paid off. This past Sunday a friend contacts me and asks...what're you doing tomorrow night? A friend of his had gotten his Dodge Ram 1500 stuck about .25 mile off the main road in some wood. He couldn't get close enough to hook his chains to the Ram and feared he'd get stuck himself, so he called me.

I never night wheeled before, nor had I used my winch. This past Monday, I did both. And I couldn't be more excited. Here's just a couple pics I grabbed when I thought about it. There's one showing what the Jeep looked like in the daylight the next day.

arriving on the scene.jpg IMG_20171030_184426.jpg IMG_20171030_185711.jpg aftermath.jpg

WJCO

Meme King
Good to hear. Indeed it feels good knowing your investment paid off and to help someone out at the same time.

drrags

Ha ha! Awesome. Loved your description, too :) . I have yet to use mine in anger, but at least I get to use the compressor part of it all the time.

Tanktitan

I know how you have felt about using your winch, you want to, but don’t want to have to because your vehicle could not perform. I satisfied my itch last weekend by doing some “logging”. I cut down two trees in the woods, strapped out the logs and pulled the stumps, then with a snatch block winched the stumps back deeper in the woods. Aren’t tools great!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Hey family.

I'm not going to lie, since I installed my winch over the summer I've been bugging the daylights out of people asking if I can pull their car around or do something to actually use my winch.

I’m in the same boat! Installed my winch last spring, but I’ll be ok with never having to use it for myself! [emoji6]

Unfortunately, I’ve only been off-road once since then. ☹️

TRLJNKY

Haha awesome. Ive had mine on for a year now and still waiting to spool it out but I didnt want to be without it. Especially without lockers. Good shit right there seeing it put to use

aka cavfighter

FallonJeeper

Used mine once, a month after I installed it. It was the Back Door Shoot Out at King of the Hammers. This drunk in a sand rail ignored all the lights and volunteers in orange vests and decided he would drive into the competitor staging area. Got side ways and slide his driver rear wheel in between the front wheels of a parked side by side.

So I winched his ass sideways. No damage to either vehicle.

I was certainly glad I had it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom