Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Moab Trip 11/9-11/13

Nothing but a Thing HighwayTrout's Avatar
    Totally missed this thread. Happy anniversary!

They are a little pricey but they are getting better and better every year. Personal locating beacons (Spot, Garmin, DeLorme) all have different capabilities depending on the service contract you sign up with and the unit itself.

I’m happy with my DeLorme Inreach Explorer. It can do exactly what you wanted. It will send either emails or texts or both to preprogrammed contacts and ping your location. You set up the ping intervals or you can manually do it as well as sending messages to keep your peeps informed.
    en hopup veritas

Happy Anniversary! Sounds like a great way to celebrate!

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Zero! Made it.........and now the fun begins

That’s an awesome trip for an anniversary. Sounds like you got a keeper. My wife and I did our first anniversary in Moab as well. Glad you had a good time. Look forward to seeing the pics.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Been Around the Block RESURECTIONJK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jesse3638 View Post
    Just got home tonight. We had such a great time. Thanks to Casey for having us tag along with him and his dad on Hell's Revenge. Yesterday we did Top of the World and it was absolutely awesome. The trail was a little more difficult than I expected but we made it. While up there we met some folks km ATV's and stayed a bit longer than planned. Ended up finishing the last couple miles of trail in the dark. All in all it was a blast and we can't wait to go back. Lisa has all the pics so I'll try to get some posted up.

Sent from my 831C using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Thanks again for letting us show you around. It was a blast and we're certainly looking forward to another trip with you guys! Glad you're back safely.

Quote Originally Posted by HighwayTrout View Post
    Totally missed this thread. Happy anniversary!

They are a little pricey but they are getting better and better every year. Personal locating beacons (Spot, Garmin, DeLorme) all have different capabilities depending on the service contract you sign up with and the unit itself.

I’m happy with my DeLorme Inreach Explorer. It can do exactly what you wanted. It will send either emails or texts or both to preprogrammed contacts and ping your location. You set up the ping intervals or you can manually do it as well as sending messages to keep your peeps informed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Labricon View Post
    Happy Anniversary! Sounds like a great way to celebrate!

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy_RCW View Post
    That’s an awesome trip for an anniversary. Sounds like you got a keeper. My wife and I did our first anniversary in Moab as well. Glad you had a good time. Look forward to seeing the pics.

Thanks everyone! Yeah she is definitely a keeper. She did get nervous on our way to the top of the world. A couple obstacles were more than we'd taken on alone and she was worried we'd get break and be stranded. All was good though.
    Quote Originally Posted by RESURECTIONJK View Post
    Thanks again for letting us show you around. It was a blast and we're certainly looking forward to another trip with you guys! Glad you're back safely.
    Same to you. It was good meeting you and you're dad. How was 7 mile?

Thanks everyone! Yeah she is definitely a keeper. She did get nervous on our way to the top of the world. A couple obstacles were more than we'd taken on alone and she was worried we'd get break and be stranded. All was good though.

Same to you. It was good meeting you and you're dad. How was 7 mile?

7 mile was a great trip. Mostly alone until near wipe out hill where a small group of JK's and TJ's were hanging out. You guys going to make the Yearly newbie run?

Moab Trip 11/9-11/13

Pretty sure I saw you guys at the booth headed into the sand flats on Saturday. I was headed in with a friend following in a blue FJ and saw a WAYALIFE bannered jeep behind us in line to pay. Hope you guys had a good trip and enjoyed the trails!

Quote Originally Posted by RESURECTIONJK View Post
    7 mile was a great trip. Mostly alone until near wipe out hill where a small group of JK's and TJ's were hanging out. You guys going to make the Yearly newbie run?
    Yeah we try to make the annual New Years run all things permitting.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlacknRedJK View Post
    Pretty sure I saw you guys at the booth headed into the sand flats on Saturday. I was headed in with a friend following in a blue FJ and saw a WAYALIFE bannered jeep behind us in line to pay. Hope you guys had a good trip and enjoyed the trails!

Yeah probably was us. I do remember a blue FJ.

Yeah we try to make the annual New Years run all things permitting.

Yeah probably was us. I do remember a blue FJ.

I think so too. I remember commenting on how I love the FJ's.