Currie lift

Hemmer

New to forum and new tj owner I am planning on lifting it and putting 33s on it. Was looking at Currie heard they made a good lift. U can get one for 2100 from summit. Any opinions on the lift ? Or maybe other suggestions for a short arm lift ? Also what shocks do you recommend and does anyone know the length I should get for the Currie lift.
Thanks in advance for the help.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
For a tj I hear they are prob the best lift on the market. Never drove on one tho to be honest.

I know for the jk tons of people run their products including myself and they are stout so would imagine the same for the tj

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The Currie lift is a really good kit but depending on what year/model your TJ is, you will NEED to also buy and install an SYE or slip yoke eliminator and CV drive shaft to complete the lift. Without it, you will have massive driveline vibrations even if you were to try and lower the t-case which is a total waste to do.

Hemmer

Well for 2100 u get almost everything and with a long arm I would have to weld to the axle. I have never done that before. I was quoted over 6000 for a long arm installed.

Bosco

The Currie lift is a really good kit but depending on what year/model your TJ is, you will NEED to also buy and install an SYE or slip yoke eliminator and CV drive shaft to complete the lift. Without it, you will have massive driveline vibrations even if you were to try and lower the t-case which is a total waste to do.

SYE needed for all TJ lifts? I was looking at an OME 2” coil/shocks kit, thinking I only needed SYE 3”+?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
SYE needed for all TJ lifts? I was looking at an OME 2” coil/shocks kit, thinking I only needed SYE 3”+?

Perhaps I missed it but the OP was asking about a Currie lift and that is designed to offer 4" of lift. With that much lift and as I mentioned, depending on what year/model TJ you have, you may need to install an SYE and rear adjustable control arms to set your pinion. Never ran an OME 2" coil lift on my TJ but IF it yields more than 2" of actual lift, you will feel drive line vibrations if you have a slip yoke.

Top Bottom