Kidde Recalls Fire Extinguishers with plastic handles

BobNH

Same here, saw this in another site and just finished the form. 10-20 day wait.
Thanks for posting!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

RazerX

I have a couple of these, thanks for sharing the link as I haven't seen it posted anywhere else. Hopefully they make the return process as painless as possible.

Add me to the list. What was weird was that my extinguisher met the recall but wasn’t an option to list it as silver, only red or white. I just put in red and it was like yup that’s recalled. :dunno:
IMG_1124.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Filled out the form. So I decided to use the old one as an example to show my kids how to use one if they ever had to. Could barely get the thing to work. Had to use a ton of strength and felt like it was going to break before it actually discharged. I can't remember the last time I used one prior to this but don't ever recall it being that difficult. So maybe there really is an issue with these things. Glad the company is taking it seriously.

JAGS

Hooked
Thanks for posting this up!!

I have several kiddie extinguishers. Two for the Jeep and two for the house.

I need to go in and submit, but I am certain they have plastic handles.

JAGS

Hooked
These two are included. I have one more the same that is in the house too. Need to submit for recall.

IMG_3431.jpg

IMG_3432.jpg

TrailHunter

Hooked
So I just bought a kiddie BC and it has a metal handle probably because of the recall.... but what the F@&K holds the pin in place?? It just falls right out. Feeling stupid right now... What am I missing here? .... anyone else have this one?

IMG_5593.JPG

Edit: Nevermind... Got it!! Sorry, had a moment.

If you get one in this style, and the pin is popped out, you need pliers to grab the spring and force it under the lower handle..

Edit: I was at Home Depot and looked at another one.... the pin was flopping and only that cheesy plastic tie was “holding” it in place.... I wouldn’t trust that.

IMG_5594.JPG

Last edited:
Top Bottom