Poison spider brawler light front bumper.

Hey all. After the welded d-ring tabs broke on my Rough Country bumper (it was free lol) from being pulled out of the mud, in wanting to finally spend some money on a solid front bumper. I'm looking at the PSC brawler light with hoop. Just wondering if anyone here is or has run it, what their thoughts were and maybe some other recommendations. I looked at the EVO front bumper but I like that the PSC has a little more grill protection.

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
Holy shit man, I hope those tabs didn’t hurt anybody...

You can’t really go wrong with Poison Spyder, it’s a great company just like EVO, LoD is also a great brand. It really just comes down to what you like to see in your Jeep.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Holy shit man, I hope those tabs didn’t hurt anybody...

You can’t really go wrong with Poison Spyder, it’s a great company just like EVO, LoD is also a great brand. It really just comes down to what you like to see in your Jeep.

Thankfully the tabs stayed put and just bent inward. But the welds broke and there isn't much left holding them on. I know RC isn't the best when it comes to overall quality so I'm no surprised. But I WILL NOT trust it to hold up to a winch or any other hard use.

J

JKDream

While I don't own anything from them personally, I have installed quite a few of their products on other Jeeps.
I always felt it was on par with other USA made brands, fit and finish was always good.
I don't think you could go wrong with Poison Spyder.

zimm

Caught the Bug
I've had the brawler lite for 2 years. It's great. BUT, everyone has it. I have an Evo quarter pounder arriving tomorrow and I'll most likely sell the brawler. The brawler looks the best, but I like the sunken winch and hi-lift holes in the quarter pounder.

I don't think I've been wheeling anywhere without seeing someone with it though. It's the best looking JK bumper.

Trail Hound

I have had this bumper for approximately two years. I am not a metal fabricator so I cannot comment on the build quality, or anything like that, but it is a solid bumper. I paid for the optional SpyderShell which may, or may not, be your cup of tea and found that other finishes were more durable.

I live in SoCal and see a few of these bumpers but not so much that my Jeep gets lost in the crowd.

zimm

Caught the Bug
I don't really understand "grill protection". What's going to damage your plastic grill? I doubt the loop will do anything, it's for looks as far as I can tell.

Here's a shot of the brawler. What's nice is that it bolts right on. No cutting, no relocating the vacuum pump, etc.

View attachment 282321

Xerious

IMG_7131.JPG

Here’s a shot of the PSC Brawler Lite. Great quality. You may have to enlarge the stock bumper holes to get it to fit but other than that solid. If you opt for the skid plate like I did, make sure you install it on the bumper first along with your winch if you will have one.

Thanks all for the feedback. I went with the PS brawler light and a Warn VR10s to go on it. Wanted to flip for the zeon but had to stay within a budget. Will post pics in a couple days with before and after shots. Stoked to finally have a good recovery setup.

IMG_6568.jpg The Rough Country bumper I had on for a year finally came off today. Had it not been free I would likely have made a different choice.
IMG_6569.jpg And this is why. One hard pull to get her unstuck from some mud a few weeks ago broke the welds on the D-ring mounts. Shitty welding if you ask me.
IMG_6572.JPG I ended up going the PSC rout with a Warn VR10S winch. Just setting on there to check for clearance and fit.
IMG_6578.jpg Much better. The brawler lite looks better in my opinion, it moves the fog lights back to center where they belong and offer some better clearance. The VR10S while not their top of the line winch, still offers a bit of insurance. Pretty pleased with how it turned out.

Top Bottom