Newbie from Bend, OR

OutlawJoeyWales

I'm new to the Jeep world. I've always been a Mt. sports Junky. I've got over a thousand days of skiing under my belt, a few hundred bicycle races, couple years of dirtbike and sportbike racing ... Now that I'm getting older (more fragile) and have kids I'm looking for ways to spend more time with the family. I did some research on Wayalife and other forums and just bought a used 2012 JKUR with 3.5 AEV lift and EVO Control arms, 37's on bead lockers, 5:38 gears w/ Ten Factor shafts, Adams Drive Shafts, PSC Hydro, and LoD front and rear bumpers. I realize I jumped into the deep end of the pool buying such a capable Jeep, but figured it was a cheaper way to go then build it all up myself. After two weeks of owning it I was able to piggy back onto a group going to the Rubicon. Having only owned a Jeep for two weeks and never done more than a few fire roads and mud holes, it was a huge eye opener to what it's like to really going "Wheeling". I'm excited but overwhelmed at what I've got myself into - I've learned quick that Jeeps and offroading is a complex web of interdependent parts, configuration options, and skill. I joined Wayalife for some help and direction.

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
Welcome from the Bay Area. And welcome to the Jeep community. That’s awesome you already got out to the Rubicon. You’ve come to the right place to learn. Let us know how we can help.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

OutlawJoeyWales

Howzit...I have friends in Bend.

First real trail was the Rubicon?...cool beans...

Yes. We even got a little snow. To be honest I was pretty scared but we took our time and slow crawled through. There was 4 Jeeps in our crew & we only had to pass about 6 oncoming and no one passed us on the entire 2 days trip. I'm guessing when I make it back next spring I won't be so lucky.

Attachments

• IMG_1031.JPG
    IMG_1031.JPG
    136.6 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_1033.JPG
    IMG_1033.JPG
    169.6 KB · Views: 60

Brute

Hooked
I'm not allowed to tell anyone in California that Bend is nice!!!

That said, They just announced a new 18 mile trail in Bend.

http://www.ktvz.com/news/big-wheels-new-e-fort-rock-ohv-trails-tailor-made-for-jeeping/645050988

I saw that trail that you posted on another thread...I have a good family friend that lives up the road in Redmond, and I usually drive through central Oregon once a year on fishing/wheeling trips on the way back or to CA...I love that area.

Top Bottom