Electrical issue- LED headlights and Aux lights

area13

OK guys having a little bit of an issue.
I have AUX lights mounted to my front bumper, I have a toggle switch that when my low beams on my old bulb head lights are on, my AUX lights would come on when I flip the switch.
when high beams are on, the AUX lights do not work (this is all by design as I am sure most of you are familiar with).
The other day I replaced my headlights with LED (with heater) and also replaced my factory fog lights with LED.
Now, my issue is that my AUX lights will not turn on when my low beams are on.... AUX lights don't turn on at all. Is this a current "voltage" issue? Do I have to rewire my AUX lights differently now? My AUX lights are the LIGHT FORCE brand and came with the wiring harness.
Can someone shed some light on this? I just remembered after looking at some diagrams on the Internet - the light force had a Relay - something similar to the diagram attached. What would be the work around so that I can just flip the switch and not tied to my headlights?? wiring diagram.jpg
Thanks,
Area13

I think this might be what I am looking for: wiring 2.jpg

Last edited:

area13

Wow - no reply??
Well I solved my issue. I just removed the one wire connected to the front head (this is where the lightforce get's it current when lights are on) and connected it to the negative on the battery terminal. Now the light force lights operate independently from headlights low\high beams.
It was that easy!

WJCO

Meme King
Wow - no reply??
Well I solved my issue. I just removed the one wire connected to the front head (this is where the lightforce get's it current when lights are on) and connected it to the negative on the battery terminal. Now the light force lights operate independently from headlights low\high beams.
It was that easy!

More than enough people here are helpful and knowledgeable. It's likely no one knew the answer. Regardless, glad you got it fixed.

Top Bottom