JLU lifted on 37s......yes you read right

longarmwj

This just popped up on my Facebook. I’m friends with the owner of a local off-road shop who’s name will remain private out of respect for our awesome Forum venders. This picture was sent to him by an aftermarket company that FCA has given a JL to.....from what I understand this is 2.5 inch lift on 37s....

EDIT: I’ve received confirmation that this is actually the Mopar Aftermarket test vehicle and this is their 3 inch kit on 37s, and not another aftermarket manufactures.

20171110203313-d8357a95-me.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

Sessoms14X

This just popped up on my Facebook. I’m friends with the owner of a local off-road shop who’s name will remain private out of respect for our awesome Forum venders. This picture was sent to him by an aftermarket company that FCA has given a JL to.....from what I understand this is 2.5 inch lift on 37s....
View attachment 282747

I literally just took a screen shot of that to share it lol. I dig it!!

Sent from my SM-G955U using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Well fuck. That tipped me over the edge. I guess I may not be waiting on the truck. You only live once. If you don't mind, post that over on our JL Wrangler forum: jlwrangler.com . Did your friend happen to mention any issues with aftermarket tire size calibration?

longarmwj

Well fuck. That tipped me over the edge. I guess I may not be waiting on the truck. You only live once. If you don't mind, post that over on our JL Wrangler forum: jlwrangler.com . Did your friend happen to mention any issues with aftermarket tire size calibration?

He did not....and I just got an update. This is NOT 2.5 on 37s. This is a Mopar aftermarket test pig. That’s the Mopar 3 inch on 37s

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Awesome!! Thank you so much for posting this up and as WJCO said, could you please post this up over on JLWrangler.com? :yup:

WJCO

Meme King
LCOG for sure. Imagine setting your bump stops, slight trimming, cheap lift cost, aftermarket programmer and you could run 37s or 40s. No driveshaft nor control arms needed. Granted, final drive gearing would be ideal. Also the shots we've seen have thicker Cs on the axle ends compared to the JK.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Hmmmm does that mean they think the new “updated” axles can handle 37s stock? Wondering what the torque of the diesel will do to the axle shaft splines with big tires with 420+ft/lbs of twist power.

WJCO

Meme King
Hmmmm does that mean they think the new “updated” axles can handle 37s stock? Wondering what the torque of the diesel will do to the axle shaft splines with big tires with 420+ft/lbs of twist power.

Don't know how much stronger the axle really is, but the Cs are thicker for sure. Granted, not sure if this is available on all models.

Screenshot_20171104-155704.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
It does look like there’s room to flex with these flares

Indeed it does :yup:

Hard to say for sure but my sources say that the JL is in fact running different axles than the JK. Hopefully that means beefier internals and not just housing changes.

Top Bottom