Suggestions for a brake bleeder?

ScoobyCarolanNC

I’ve paid to have my brakes flushed twice in a year and both times it was done poorly. I might as well took up and do it myself. Any recommendations on the kit I should buy?

WJCO

Meme King
There are pressure bleeders, vacuum bleeders, and speed bleeder screws. They all have pros and cons. If you have a helper, I would just recommend doing it by yourself without buying a bleeder at all. Just start at RR, then LR, then RF, and finally LF.

TRLJNKY

I use the Bluepoint we have at work and its awesome. Damn thing is spendy though. Not sure Id add it to my garage just due to cost unless I was making $ on the side and putting it to work

aka cavfighter

TrailHunter

Hooked
All you need is some clear tubing, a water bottle and a spring clamp... fill the water bottle with a couple inches of brake fluid..... drill a hole for the tubing in the cap... and a tiny hole for pressure release... submerge the hose in the fluid, and clamp the other end to the bleed fitting... loosen the fitting and pump break slowly. Because the line is submerged it won’t suck air back into the line... start with farthest first and work to the closest (tighten the fitting before moving on)... a couple rotations and you should be good... (I tape the bottle to something heavy so it doesn’t move around) ... or just get a buddy and forget all that shit. Lol

Last edited:

Breer

Caught the Bug
All you need is some clear tubing, a water bottle and a spring clamp... fill the water bottle with a couple inches of brake fluid..... drill a hole for the tubing in the cap... and a tiny hole for pressure release... submerge the hose in the fluid, and clamp the other end to the bleed fitting... loosen the fitting and pump break slowly. Because the line is submerged it won’t suck air back into the line... start with farthest first and work to the closest (tighten the fitting before moving on)... a couple rotations and you should be good... (I tape the bottle to something heavy so it doesn’t move around) ... or just get a buddy and forget all that shit. Lol
And don't let the reservoir empty out!

Sent from my Pixel XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

jeeeep

Hooked
I've wasted money on a few bleeder kits :doh:

IMO I think the push/pull bleeder kits are good for non-ABS systems.

I have a motive now and really like it. I can pressure test and then use It to keep a steady pressure and fluid in the reservoir while bleeding.

I also found a GoPro comes in handy when doing it without a helper - lets me see when the side i'm bleeding turns to a nice clean color/ no air bubbles

still much quicker and easier to use with a helper.

I should've had more kids ...lol

RazerX

I'll be flushing my brakes when I install the progrips over the Thanksgiving holiday. I was thinking about buying a bleeder, but after reading this I'm going with the buddy system. :drinks:

WJCO

Meme King
There is a company that makes something called a Speed Bleeder. It's just a bleeder valve with a check ball in it, so you can open it and pump the brakes by yourself. When you push down, fluid comes out, yet when you release the pedal, the valve closes and won't let air in. I used them when I swapped my axle and they really worked. I had a helper around just in case, but I thought they were a pretty cool product.

any4xx

I’ve owned all sorts of bleeding contraptions over the years. I’ve since passed them all onto others. The best bleed job I’ve ever done is a plain old gravity bleed. Slow, certainly, but it’s always worked great.

jesse3638

Hooked
When I did my lift install I purchased a vacuum bleeder. I thought it was going to be awesome. Couldn't get it to work so I went to the buddy system and it worked great.

Sent from my 831C using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom