JK won’t drive after maintenance

DELIVERANCE

Looking for a little help here. I’m at a complete loss.

This week I replaced my coil springs and shocks. I replaced my ball joints. I replaced my inner axel seals and added outer axel seals. I replaced my rotors and pads. I re-centered the steering wheel.

After finishing up today I went to drive around the block as a test run. The Jeep is suddenly extremely unhappy. It apparently thinks it’s in a constant skid and shuts power to the engine. It won’t go over 5 mph without the skid light flashing and the engine cutting power. I am completely at a loss. I don’t have any thoughts as to what to look into.

Anyone have ideas for me? I have no clue

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Looking for a little help here. I’m at a complete loss.

This week I replaced my coil springs and shocks. I replaced my ball joints. I replaced my inner axel seals and added outer axel seals. I replaced my rotors and pads. I re-centered the steering wheel.

After finishing up today I went to drive around the block as a test run. The Jeep is suddenly extremely unhappy. It apparently thinks it’s in a constant skid and shuts power to the engine. It won’t go over 5 mph without the skid light flashing and the engine cutting power. I am completely at a loss. I don’t have any thoughts as to what to look into.

Anyone have ideas for me? I have no clue

Did you re-connect your speed sensors? Did you unplug any other items to get to areas were u replaced parts?

DELIVERANCE

Hmm, I suppose it could be sensors. Yes, I did reconnect them but to be honest I didn’t pay much attention to them. I could be possible that I buggered them up or something. I didn’t disconnect anything else

Jkzinger

Caught the Bug
Hmm, I suppose it could be sensors. Yes, I did reconnect them but to be honest I didn’t pay much attention to them. I could be possible that I buggered them up or something. I didn’t disconnect anything else

That’s what I would start with unless you somehow got your steering messed up a lot adjusting the drag link but that is hard to do.

Judesign

Caught the Bug
You made sure to put the carrier in exactly the way it was when you took it out when you did the axle seals?
Sounds like a damaged wheel speed sensor though

When my wheel sensor was going bad it was doing what you’re describing, I️ would recommend to replace them anyway since you have an 07. Mine went bad within the last year and I also have an 07.

Yeah i would start there with the wheel sensor and if that is not the problem then i would back trace every single thing u did from start to finish.

DELIVERANCE

Well I just went out and replaced the passenger side wheel sensor (I had one in a box from a few years ago). No change at all. I’ll have to order a drivers side one and replace that after it gets here.

I did put the carrier back in the same way it came out. I mean, I didn’t move it at all once I pulled it and set it below the pumpkin. And then I put it directly back in. I’m not sure what could have changed. Tbh though I’m not experienced with that.

I really appreciate the responses here. I’m at wits end right now. Been working hard on this and have apparently accomplished little more than rendering my jeep inoperable.

I’m putting the kids to bed early so I can hit that bottle of jack on the counter.

Moochie

Check for codes. Scan tool if you have one. Auto Zone if not. I think they will do it free. That is if you can get your Jeep there. If it’s a sensor issue the scan will tell you which wheel.

DELIVERANCE

I’ll check for codes too. I totally forgot about that.

Thanks for all the help guys. I’ll revisit the jeep tomorrow. Kids, dinner and alcohol later are going to finish out my evening. I’ll try not to type some drunk stupid response into this thread later tonight

DELIVERANCE

Ok, I couldn’t wait. Picked up a new sensor from Auto Zone and replaced the drivers side. That worked!

Thank you all for the responses! I really appreciate it!!

Now to the bottle of Jack in celebration as opposed to drowning my sorrows!

Arrcherr

Caught the Bug
Ok, I couldn’t wait. Picked up a new sensor from Auto Zone and replaced the drivers side. That worked!

That's awesome that you were able to get the jeep back on the road. Enjoy the celebration[emoji482]

TrailHunter

Hooked
I’ll check for codes too. I totally forgot about that.

Thanks for all the help guys. I’ll revisit the jeep tomorrow. Kids, dinner and alcohol later are going to finish out my evening. I’ll try not to type some drunk stupid response into this thread later tonight

Congrats on figuring it out!!! Always an awesome feeling! I was really looking forward to the "drunk stupid response into this thread" though.... so if you could still do that.... that'd be great. Lol :beer::thumb:

Always good to see threads like this end up with a jeep fixed from support of this forum. Great community.

Cheers

Top Bottom