37” BF Goodrich ko2’s

EvaTheJeep

Hi I’m planning on buying tires very soon and I’m pretty sure I’m going with the BFG ko2’s because they will best suit my needs. My question is everyone knows they run small but could I go with a 37” ko2 because I heard they only measure to a 35.3 or something mounted. I know it’ll be more sluggish but will it be okay to run with for awhile with 3.73 gears? I have a 3.5” lift so I’d like larger tires and if I can get away with a 37” ko2 that would be great. Anyone have experience with them? I’ve only found one forum that touches on it. What’s the actual size of these dang things.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

any4xx

Hi I’m planning on buying tires very soon and I’m pretty sure I’m going with the BFG ko2’s because they will best suit my needs. My question is everyone knows they run small but could I go with a 37” ko2 because I heard they only measure to a 35.3 or something mounted. I know it’ll be more sluggish but will it be okay to run with for awhile with 3.73 gears? I have a 3.5” lift so I’d like larger tires and if I can get away with a 37” ko2 that would be great. Anyone have experience with them? I’ve only found one forum that touches on it. What’s the actual size of these dang things.

I’m running 35” tires that measure out to 34.6” on 3.73’s right now. My plan is to go with 4.56 so that it would be almost the same as 4.10’s with stock tires. Yes, it’s a bit sluggish, but not so bad that I’m in a big hurry to swap gears. I’m looking forward to doing it, but it’s not so bad that I HAVE to do it.

jeffj

Caught the Bug
If you have the knew 3.6 motor you should be fine for a while. Get a programmer to change your shift points and this should do you until you have the money to regear.

EvaTheJeep

If you have the knew 3.6 motor you should be fine for a while. Get a programmer to change your shift points and this should do you until you have the money to regear.

I got the 2008 3.8 motor but I have 3.73 gears. With the older jeep like mine can you change the shift points?

jeeeep

Hooked
I got the 2008 3.8 motor but I have 3.73 gears. With the older jeep like mine can you change the shift points?

there's a bigger rolling difference from 35's to 37's -don't get hung up on the stated size.

plan on losing OD, you'll want to lockout OD every time and it's very sluggish.

I know the SuperChips tuner has some predefined shift points as well as allow you to tweak your own, I'd stick to the preprogramed options or you could risk toasting the transmission.

You'll notice the "lug" from 3rd trying to find OD (reason to keep OD locked out), that "lug" is the transmission slipping while it hunts for a gear.

and yep..your mileage will suck ass but you didn't buy a jeep for it's great mileage.

nothing will replace the feeling of "performance" like a regear.

do you already have C-gussets?

what lift are you running? stock or aftermarket front shaft?

things that wear out faster with 37's ...ball joints, hubs and stock brake pads

EvaTheJeep

there's a bigger rolling difference from 35's to 37's -don't get hung up on the stated size.

plan on losing OD, you'll want to lockout OD every time and it's very sluggish.

I know the SuperChips tuner has some predefined shift points as well as allow you to tweak your own, I'd stick to the preprogramed options or you could risk toasting the transmission.

You'll notice the "lug" from 3rd trying to find OD (reason to keep OD locked out), that "lug" is the transmission slipping while it hunts for a gear.

and yep..your mileage will suck ass but you didn't buy a jeep for it's great mileage.

nothing will replace the feeling of "performance" like a regear.

do you already have C-gussets?

what lift are you running? stock or aftermarket front shaft?

things that wear out faster with 37's ...ball joints, hubs and stock brake pads

I got a 3.5 lift. And I have nothing that I’d need besides a new drag link and tie rod everything else would need an upgrade.

At this point I’m definitely going to be running 37’s in the future but to avoid digging myself a pit of money that I don’t have I’m just going to go with 35’s and upgrade overtime. Thanks for helping me out, I’d rather have good on and off road performance then something that needs to be sitting in my driveway for a few months waiting for upgrades.

EvaTheJeep

I’m running 35” tires that measure out to 34.6” on 3.73’s right now. My plan is to go with 4.56 so that it would be almost the same as 4.10’s with stock tires. Yes, it’s a bit sluggish, but not so bad that I’m in a big hurry to swap gears. I’m looking forward to doing it, but it’s not so bad that I HAVE to do it.

What tires do you run?

jeeeep

Hooked
I got a 3.5 lift. And I have nothing that I’d need besides a new drag link and tie rod everything else would need an upgrade.

At this point I’m definitely going to be running 37’s in the future but to avoid digging myself a pit of money that I don’t have I’m just going to go with 35’s and upgrade overtime. Thanks for helping me out, I’d rather have good on and off road performance then something that needs to be sitting in my driveway for a few months waiting for upgrades.

that's what I did, ran 35's until I could regear - also allowed me to save for what seemed like a quick succession of upgrades once I made the jump to 37's --- hubs, ball joints were still stock so they were due to be swapped out anyway.

Last edited:
Top Bottom