Ratchet the 2.8 CRD RHD build

atrollip

For some time now I've been meaning to get a build thread going but Ratchet being my first JK and with lots to learn I hung around to research and gain knowledge from all here. A big thank you to everyone on here that has contributed and have helped members like myself learn through them.

All the work done so far on Ratchet has been done by myself and my better half. Most JK's around SA support the likes of AEV, BDS, Rubicon Xpress and so on.... I was lucky to join here shortly after I bought Ratchet and from the get go resolved to build Ratchet very differently from the other JK'S around SA.

Here is the day I met Ratchet 23 Dec 2014:
2017-11-12+09.22.58.png
2017-11-12+09.22.28.png

I had been planning on buying a 3.8 all along until the dealership only had a diesel to test drive after taking a short trip around the area I informed the sales rep I would only from there be interested in a diesel.
Funny story the sales rep informed me the diesels only came in Sahara model and not Rubicon, to which I replied I didn't need diff locks and the fancy ' s the Rubicon would have I'd just land up maintaining stuff I didn't use. Little did I know then...

Since then Ratchet has covered 81000 miles in just over 2.5 years. She stood for 3 months last year and is currently standing since August. Reasons I hope I can get some help with later. But for now I hope to share some of my journey and learnings.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using WAYALIFE mobile app

atrollip

Over the Dec we spent some time at the coast and fishing by a local river. It been raining for a week and on our time to leave the roads got really muddy. Ratchet got stuck and for the first time I needed to put her in 4 Lo, except I had no clue how to.... [emoji23]
So after this event I resolved to get to know her a bit better.
The dealership I bought her from offered a beginners course in January at a place called Kungwini near Heidelberg which I booked for.
2017-11-12+10.24.57.png 2017-11-12-10-08-03-521x288.png 2017-11-12-10-08-24-518x296.png 2017-11-12-10-09-29-523x412.png

I believe this was where I got hooked to the offroad addiction. I also at this point realised that I really loved the offroad community and have met so many great people from this along the journey with Ratchet.

JeepJeep75

Neat beginning to a love-affair with the off-roading world many will never know. Welcome to the addiction we all live with and love. Great idea signing up for that class on how to use your jeep. I wish they offered classes like that here in the USA.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Arrcherr

Caught the Bug
Neat beginning to a love-affair with the off-roading world many will never know. Welcome to the addiction we all live with and love. Great idea signing up for that class on how to use your jeep. I wish they offered classes like that here in the USA.

They actually have a few different beginner's classes at Rausch Creek

atrollip

Thanks all. I guess I should share how Ratchet stands currently.
IMG-20171114-WA0034.jpeg IMG-20171114-WA0032.jpeg IMG-20171114-WA0035.jpeg
For now I only have pavement princess photos since the 3" enforcer was installed.

Currently Installed:
3" Enforcer with 2.5 Kings
Drag link Flip
Front EVO 1/4 Pounder and Stinger
Rear EVO fascia and corners with tire Carrier
Cooper S/t Maxx 315/17/70
ARB single on board compressor
EVO skins and rocksliders
JKS 2-4" quick disconnects

Waiting for installation:
Front EVO shock relocation brackets
Synergy front track bar bracket ( EVO RHD bracket didn't work out so great for me )
EVO c gussets

Lots on the maintenance side waiting for install. [emoji23]

atrollip

You know it kinda sounds silly but never the less for someone that's never been offroad or used 4 Lo, ect. Has no idea to see lines or understand angles it was a good starter and something I'd recommend to any newb.

Top Bottom