Limp mode after engine work

jkaddict

I just had some extensive work done to my 2012 JKU (exhaust cam replaced, cam followers replaced, all components of the VVT system, water pump, etc) and, after three days of driving it, it suddenly went into limp mode. I was in snow and ice, the ESC system activated, then the MIL light came on and it went to limp mode. I did the "key trick" and no codes are being shown. I called the shop that performed the engine work and they just told me "good luck with that." The jeep ran fine before they did the work, and now it's stuck in limp mode. From my perspective the work they did caused the issue, but they're denying it. Any input would be appreciated!

jeeeep

Hooked
I just had some extensive work done to my 2012 JKU (exhaust cam replaced, cam followers replaced, all components of the VVT system, water pump, etc) and, after three days of driving it, it suddenly went into limp mode. I was in snow and ice, the ESC system activated, then the MIL light came on and it went to limp mode. I did the "key trick" and no codes are being shown. I called the shop that performed the engine work and they just told me "good luck with that." The jeep ran fine before they did the work, and now it's stuck in limp mode. From my perspective the work they did caused the issue, but they're denying it. Any input would be appreciated!

why did you have so much work done? was it for repairs?

the ESC is for the stability control, if it senses you in a skid it kicks in which makes sense since you were on snow and ice.

Are you running larger tires and did you calibrate for the larger tires? also check the ABS sensors and that your steering wheel is centered properly.

Once the system thinks you're in a skid, the ESC kicks in, if it can't control the braking system via ABS it will trigger MIL

if you had been driving it for several days and the ESC kicks in while on snow and ice...i'd tend to agree with them, those are 2 different things.

Top Bottom