Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: JL compared to JK

Quote Originally Posted by TrailHunter View Post
    The only thing that kinda bugs me on the JL, is the 80ís looking turn signal lamp.... itís an easy fix though... or am I just crazy?
    That's bugged me too. I wonder if you could replace the amber lens with a clear lens to match the front, then relocate the blinker signal elsewhere. Many people have overcome that on the JK after trimming it off of the fender.
    Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Been Around the Block wjtstudios's Avatar
    Iím sure there will be a number of aftermarket fenders that will have different lighting configurations. It wonít be quite as easy as shaving the fenders like on the JK.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    2015 JKU Rubicon AEV JK350
    1985 Jeep CJ8 Scrambler

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    That's bugged me too. I wonder if you could replace the amber lens with a clear lens to match the front, then relocate the blinker signal elsewhere. Many people have overcome that on the JK after trimming it off of the fender.
    They look like they'd be easy to lose with a fender chop. Maybe some of the Chaka aftermarket grills will incorporate turn signal holes in them

chaka.jpg

Knows a Thing or Two RockinAZJK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eroc147 View Post
    So will the JL not have a JEEP emblem at all?? No room on the grill. Saw on some of the renderings where it was on the hood, but it isnít on any official pics or spy pics since SEMA.

Edit: just looked at pics again, itís on the side. Donít know how I feel about that.
    I am disappointed as well, but I do have to point out that the TJ did not have the front emblem either. Seeing as TJís are my favorite Jeep (although my jku is much more practical) I can live with no emblem on the front of the JL

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

JL looks weak

I'm not sure if these are being poorly made to increase the aftermarket revenue or the engineering dept just screwed up. But these look lousy. I have an '08 2 Dr JK with a boatload of aftermarket stuff like every other Jeeper. But I'll be looking for a 2006 TJ Rubicon soon. In my opinion, the best Jeep there ever was. I won't be wasting my money on this fake JL wannabe Jeep.
    JeepLife71

Quote Originally Posted by JeepLife71 View Post
    I'm not sure if these are being poorly made to increase the aftermarket revenue or the engineering dept just screwed up. But these look lousy. I have an '08 2 Dr JK with a boatload of aftermarket stuff like every other Jeeper. But I'll be looking for a 2006 TJ Rubicon soon. In my opinion, the best Jeep there ever was. I won't be wasting my money on this fake JL wannabe Jeep.
    Don't hold back. No sugar-coating it now...
    Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Quote Originally Posted by TrailHunter View Post
    The only thing that kinda bugs me on the JL, is the 80ís looking turn signal lamp.... itís an easy fix though... or am I just crazy?

Attachment 283079
    Attachment 283080
    I def agree - the fender signals/side markers are not a good look. I am not much a fan of the grille changes either. Honestly, I think I only like the interior so far...and not sure I'd want that setup if I had a major off-road build planned either.

I am looking forward to seeing the additional top offerings.

Quote Originally Posted by Ddays View Post
    They look like they'd be easy to lose with a fender chop. Maybe some of the Chaka aftermarket grills will incorporate turn signal holes in them

chaka.jpg

Fresh Catch
    I feel like a lot of these comments are similar to the ones I read when the JK came out.... "this too shall pass"

I 100% agree with the fender signal look being off. I think some lens paint like VHT night shades might help it also, making it blend in to the black part of the fender.

I feel like my opinion is reversed on the front end and interior as a whole. I really like the exterior, especially from the front. Its a great looking design IMO. The interior looks a little too "techy?" for me... Like a landrover with buttons everywhere. I really like the 2011+ JK interior, seems just clean and simple. But I think I can get used to it, it's got some great things about it also.

Sent from my Pixel XL using WAYALIFE mobile app