Evo 3 inch lift opinions?

MericaMade

Hi All,

I was told this is the place to come for questions regarding the Evo lift kits. Right now I am trying to decide between the JKS or Evo kits.

I would like to get some insight on those of you running Evo products and what if any are some pros and cons. My plan is to go with the enforcer kit then further down the line upgrade to the pro coil overs. What are some suggestion in doing so and is there a certain stage I should start out with to best accommodate 35's?

Those who have either Evo's coil or coil-over kit, do you have any regrets or things you would have done different?

Also, I want black shocks/coil overs and was told this is a extra cost for Kings if so how much? and will this kit work with Fox shocks?

Last edited:

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
Cant go wrong with evo. I just replaced my 3.5 rough country with their plush 3 inch and absolutely love the change. You can do stage 1 for 35s then move to stage 2 or 3 later.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using WAYALIFE mobile app

MericaMade

Ok, so what stage Enforcer kits do you guys suggest first? I don't want to just add coils , I would prefer to buy a better quality stage right out the gate but no drain the bank with a 5-6K kit.

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
Ok, so what stage Enforcer kits do you guys suggest first? I don't want to just add coils , I would prefer to buy a better quality stage right out the gate but no drain the bank with a 5-6K kit.

If you're just going with 35s, you could run an Evo leveling kit (comes with Evo front springs) for about 250 bucks. Then you have a decent amount of $ left for other things.

MericaMade

If you're just going with 35s, you could run an Evo leveling kit (comes with Evo front springs) for about 250 bucks. Then you have a decent amount of $ left for other things.

LOL and thank you I did not know you could clear 35's leveled. I want to run 35 and clear them without any rubbing issue, plus I like the stance of a 3 inch on 35's. I have read once you go 3 or higher the other stock components become stressed out and ride quality can go to shit. I am learning as I go so please correct me if I am wrong.

WJCO

Meme King
LOL and thank you I did not know you could clear 35's leveled. I want to run 35 and clear them without any rubbing issue, plus I like the stance of a 3 inch on 35's. I have read once you go 3 or higher the other stock components become stressed out and ride quality can go to shit. I am learning as I go so please correct me if I am wrong.

Truthfully, you COULD run 35s with no lift at all, see this thread: https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/11064-35-s-and-no-lift

However, it's not ideal. With that being said, the closer you keep it to stock height, the better your steering angles are, your control arms angles are, and you don't have to worry about adjusting caster nor a new front driveshaft. Honestly, IMO, if you can lift it 2 to 2.5 inches, it will be perfect for 35s and save you a lot of money and headaches.

TrailHunter

Hooked
Welcome to Wayalife... You’ve got some good advice here... I can tell you from my research, I will be going 3” EVO Enforcer w/king shocks on 35’s w/ a Drag link Flip, gussets & new driveshaft on stock 4.10’s... (knowing that I will be running a PR44 & 37’s in the future.) It all comes down to goals & budget. Spending time here and reading through threads will greatly help your decision.

Last edited:

MericaMade

Truthfully, you COULD run 35s with no lift at all, see this thread: https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/11064-35-s-and-no-lift

However, it's not ideal. With that being said, the closer you keep it to stock height, the better your steering angles are, your control arms angles are, and you don't have to worry about adjusting caster nor a new front driveshaft. Honestly, IMO, if you can lift it 2 to 2.5 inches, it will be perfect for 35s and save you a lot of money and headaches.

Thank you for the link and insight, I will give it a read tomorrow.

Welcome to Wayalife... You’ve got some good advice here... I can tell you from my research, I will be going 3” EVO Enforcer w/king shocks on 35’s w/ a Drag link Flip, gussets & new driveshaft on stock 4.10’s... (knowing that I will be running a PR44 & 37’s in the future.) It all comes down to goals & budget. Spending time here and reading through threads will greatly help your decision.

Thanks, I know I will be throwing thousands into this Jeep. It's a new toy and hobby so money is just a number to a certain point LOL. I really like the look of the coil overs but for now, I would be happy with the 3 inch coil lift and the necessary upgraded parts that need to go with it. I am just trying to wrap my head around all the must need components I should buy out the gate. Heck, I might get to a point I like the look and ride and not even do the coil over conversion and save some cash.

zimm

Caught the Bug
Welcome to WAL!

There are lots of threads comparing the Evo/King coil overs to the plush rides/king shocks. Do some searching. The summary is the coil overs give you more tuning ability, an extra inch of travel (I'm going from memory on that), at the expense of more maintenance, possibly more noise, and more potential to bang the lower rear coils in the rocks and they don't hold up as well to salt/elements. Since I move around the country a lot, usually with either salty roads, or salty air, I went with the coils and king shocks (after 2 sets of fox IPF's). I did clear coat the kings before install and they're going on 14k miles and 6 months and still look great.

I'd do the enforcer 3", adams front driveshaft, and the drag link flip. That's what I run, and it's awesome. I can drive down the highway at 75mph on 37's easily. Someday I'd like to do long arms, but currently my jeep is my only daily driver and I can't be down for a week while I cut/grind/weld in the garage.

Last edited:

MericaMade

Welcome to WAL!

There are lots of threads comparing the Evo/King coil overs to the plush rides/king shocks. Do some searching. The summary is the coil overs give you more tuning ability, an extra inch of travel (I'm going from memory on that), at the expense of more maintenance, possibly more noise, and more potential to bang the lower rear coils in the rocks and they don't hold up as well to salt/elements. Since I move around the country a lot, usually with either salty roads, or salty air, I went with the coils and king shocks (after 2 sets of fox IPF's). I did clear coat the kings before install and they're going on 14k miles and 6 months and still look great.

I'd do the enforcer 3", adams front driveshaft, and the drag link flip. That's what I run, and it's awesome. I can drive down the highway at 75mph on 37's easily. Someday I'd like to do long arms, but currently my jeep is my only daily driver and I can't be down for a week while I cut/grind/weld in the garage.
Thank you Zimm, you bring up a good issue with noise. I had a set of uniball upper A-Arms on my truck and it was the most annoying sound in the world every single time you turned you could hear those.

Maybe it's the phone app but when I try searching Evo suspension last night or BFG tires I kept coming up with zero results.

zimm

Caught the Bug
Try google search and do "evo coilover site:www.wayalife.com"

That sometimes does better than a forum search engine.

2014siljk

heres mine with evo 2 inch front and 2.5 ome in rear with 315s...tons of room for 35s

Attachments

• 22195798_10214348093475243_5441126730147512187_n.jpg
    22195798_10214348093475243_5441126730147512187_n.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 363
Last edited:
Nice! So can anyone confirm on there being more noise with the coilovers?

I have EVO bolt ons. They’re definitely noisy. I put agm sliders on the rear to silence them a little bit, but they still make more noise than your shock and spring set ups. That said, i kind of like the noise. Reminds you that your Jeep is working hard for ya.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom