Quick, before I drill, how does this evo corner look?

Defcon3JKU

When I did mine I started at the door and got those gaps perfect, then worked my way towards the tailgate. Once I got to the tailgate I had a little room to adjust to get everything straight and even. It’s a big job and a little hard to do alone. The panels do not match up as nice as you probably would want on the gaps on the corners, so keep that in mind. I had a lot of people tell me my gaps looked great compared to others they had seen. I also took a really long time on these because I’m a little anal about my lines with the body.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Bottom corer could come over a little bit more I would say. Overall it looks good tho. To pull in that bottom I used c-clamps on the angle

zimm

Caught the Bug
Yeah, I'm working to get that angle pulled in. Dang genright bumper is blocking any attempt to get a clamp under there. Hate to pull the bumper, it's a PITA, but might have to.

They're the aluminum ones, so it should pull in more. Damn it, I'm going to drop the bumper.

Ddays

Hooked
Looks great.
Depending on what lights you mount you'll probably need the hole diameter larger than what you show lined up on the body. I can only speak towards the trucklite version that EVO supplies. Measure the rubber grommet
or hold it up to the body and use that as the guide because it will have to get shoved in along with the light. If you only cut it large enough for the hole dia in the skin you'll end up having to pull the damn things off to enlarge them
after you find everything won't stuff in there. :mad:

Another good idea while you're at this stage (and using the lights above) is to take the time to mount those little resistors somehow or tie them up so they do not hang from the wires. They get very hot and may eventually pull loose
over time and become disconnected. Mine did and I ended up installing larger resistors on mounts I made up. You'll know this happened if you get a fast blink from the turn signal on down the road.

Andy5160

Hooked
Looks great.
Depending on what lights you mount you'll probably need the hole diameter larger than what you show lined up on the body. I can only speak towards the trucklite version that EVO supplies. Measure the rubber grommet
or hold it up to the body and use that as the guide because it will have to get shoved in along with the light. If you only cut it large enough for the hole dia in the skin you'll end up having to pull the damn things off to enlarge them

Another good idea while you're at this stage (and using the lights above) is to take the time to mount those little resistors somehow or tie them up so they do not hang from the wires. They get very hot and may eventually pull loose
over time and become disconnected. Mine did and I ended up installing larger resistors on mounts I made up. You'll know this happened if you get a fast blink from the turn signal on down the road.

I know who is helping with my skins [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
To the OP it came out really good[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Looks great.

Agree! Mine melted and had to replace as well.

Sent from my XT1080 using WAYALIFE mobile app

zimm

Caught the Bug
I got the resisters screwed to the sheet metal inside tail light areas. My next issue is that I need to clearance the passenger side sheet metal support for the tail gate hinges. The tail light won't sit down flush without removing some more metal. That sucker is pretty thick, and I'm not sure how to attack it yet.

Ddays

Hooked
Those resistors look different than what I got with my lights. They actually look like the new ones I installed after mine melted the solder and fell off. Good deal, those should not get as hot as the smaller ones.

Defcon3JKU

My resistors didn’t last either and those are the ones I had with mine. Lasted about 4 weeks then my blinkers started blinking fast. I got some better resistors and wired them in, problem solved. Make sure no wires are touching that thing, because it gets stupid hot fast.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

zimm

Caught the Bug
Argh, the passenger side lower bracket bolts are right into the pinch seam. I can't figure how to bend it out of the way. Trying a 4' pry bar through taillight hole, not working.

Top Bottom